Monday, November 9, 2009

Let the PREGNANCY fun begin!

Monday, November 9, 2009


Wow! Last night was miserable! I had the worst, most painful, early pregnancy cramps. They were so bad that at 1:45 AM I was bent over holding my stomach in our bathroom. Once it past I laid back down in bed. Only to be woke back up with round two. I decided to move to the couch so all my up and down wouldn't wake Josh up. Around 4:00 AM I heard a cough and it wasn't from me! Instantly I am freaked out and I am thinking who the hell is in our house! Then I realize that it was Josh laying down in the chair. I got up and went over to the chair and asked him what he was doing down here and not in our bed? He said he didn't want me to be down here all by myself. Is that not the sweetest thing! It melted my heart. So we both headed back up stairs to our bed. 6:00 AM rolled around way too soon and I woke up greeted by an early pregnancy cramp followed by nausea! What a combo! I kept walking from our bedroom, to the kitchen, and into the guest bedroom. Josh says "Honey you are going to wear a hole in the carpet if you keep pacing like that." I told him moving made me feel better. He was like "Oh, ok." I also informed him that if labor is anything like these then I WANT the epidural! He just laughed. I then said "After this we may only have one kid!" Josh said "No way." I smiled.


I made it to work and counted down to 9:00 AM, this is when Dr. Ground's office opened. She is an OBGYN I had seen in the past for my yearly and I really liked her. I called her office and left a message with her nurse. An hour later the nurse called me back. She said the cramps were normal and only to worry if I have bleeding. I told Dawn, the nurse, that this is our first pregnancy and normally I would call my mom, but we are waiting until Christmas to share the big news. She said that was wonderful and it will go by quickly. Her next comment took me by surprise. She said we would need to schedule an appointment for 7-8 weeks. (Start Thoughts in my Head): What?! Don't you think the Dr. should see me now to make sure everything is ok and where it should be?! And doing what it should be doing!? (End Thoughts in my HEAD.) I set the appointment for Tuesday, December 8th for a 2:00 PM Ultrasound and a 3:00 PM doctor appointment. Let the 4 week count down begin! I will leave you with a text I just received from Josh "Love you and tell Baby I love it too." As you can tell Josh is SUPER EXCITED and has already begun texting baby names he likes!




Oh, I forgot to mention that my boobs have been throbbing with pain for about a week now!

No comments:

Post a Comment