Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mission: Chirstmas Lights was a SUCCESS!

This past Sunday Josh headed up on our roof and began the tedious task of hanging Christmas lights. I thought it would take most of the morning, but I never imagined it would be an all day process. Finally around 5:00 pm Sunday evening the lights were ready to be tested. So my parents came over and we did a big reveal. Well kinda, Josh went to plug in his masterpiece and tah-dah.... nothing. So I plug it into one of our kitchen outlets instead of the outdoor patio outlet. Tah-Dah... they work! So we figure something is wrong with our outdoor outlet. My mom goes over and plugs the extension cord into the outside outlet and hits the ground fault thing (button in the middle of the outlet) and Bam... they work. Outlet was fine just needed to hit the ground fault button. Thanks for being our outlet hero Mom!

So we purchased the "clear" LED lights from Home Depot. You know me always wanting to save money! Do they look clear to you? Nope, they have a blue tint to them because they are LED. Wish I would have known this before Josh strung 400 of them along our roof line. Oh well, they are our Christmas Lights and we love them. Husband.... you did a GREAT job!


The point above our garage is the only section Josh had to scale up a later to hang. And yes, I am holding the ladder yelling at him to stop reaching before he falls.


Josh's view going up the ladder. Hit was a hike!


On the roof.



Now remember, Josh is afraid of heights. Can you really tell?

1 comment: