Saturday, January 19, 2013

PEACE OUT 2012

Great things happened in 2012. Debt shrunk, life decisions were made, goals were reached, money was found, happiness was had by all, and so much more. 2012 was a great year. I am going to touch on the moments that stick out in my mind.

Josh's big red truck was paid off... then sold. Now we have a Dakota and Harley in the garage. It was a goal to get his truck paid off. Not only did we meet that goal, but, by trading in the Big Red, we freed up so gas money!


Please humor as I toot my own horn. Cha-Ching! Momma get a big ol' raise! We will just leave it at it was over a $12,000 increase to my salary! Booyah! It wasn't just handed to me by my boss. That would be way too easy. I had a meeting with my boss and told I needed a raise. Yes, I actually walked into his office, shut the door, and told him I needed a raise. Timing is everything. There was shit going down at work with our CFO resigning and some rehiring. I think my boss thought I was going to leave/follow the CFO. Like I said timing is everything. I asked for a certain $ and my boss meet it + an additional $3,000. So yay to big raises in 2012! Now before you start saying I went all blackmail and took advantage of a bad situation. Know that, 1. In the 5 years I had been working here I had yet to receive a substantial raise, other than cost of living. 2. I was being paid less than the front desk that answers phones and is Excel and Word ignorant. Really!? Yes, really! 3. I did some market research and found out that I was extremely underpaid in the position that I hold. So, like I said it was deserved and earned!

We survived another year of parenthood. Easton turned 2 in July and hasn't looked backed or stopped for a second. The kid is funny. Everyday I look at her and listen to what she is saying and I think to myself that Josh and I must be doing something right. Thank God, because I thought we would surely screw up parenting. But by golly, we are plugging right along.


My Tahoe shot to shit! A whole new motor replacement. Cha-Ching! $4,500.00 later and the baby runs like new and we don't have a car payment! I was pretty annoyed with this whole deal. Just when you think you are getting somewhere.. BAM... shit breaks down!

Early in the fall, Josh began talk of making a career change. By November, it was decided he was headed back to school to become an EMT in hopes to become a Firefighter. A MAJOR career change for him. Not to mention a drastic cut in pay for the first couple of years (insert panic Momma, here). First class up, Human Anatomy and Physiology + lab. He will go to class weekly, Monday and Wednesday from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Josh also was accepted as a volunteer firefighter on the Fairmount Township Fire Department (Basehor's fire department). Hopefully in 2 years Josh will be finished with school and on full time fire department.
First Day of School!
In October I completed my first half marathon! I spent most of my summer training for it and was lucky enough to take this challenge on with my best friend, Vern. The moment I crossed the finish line was one of the proudest moments of my life. Seriously, it came damn close to knocking giving birth to Easton bug out of its spot.  And now I am addicted to half marathons and look forward to kicking ass in my second half this April. 
January of 2012 I made a commitment to 'Mission: Momma Gets her Body back'. It was actually listed in our 2012 goals. I am extremely happy to report MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! No my belly doesn't look like it did pre-Bug. That shit is going to need a little nip/tuck. But I am at the weight and size when Josh and I got married. Booyah! Now I am working on toning my jiggles up!

Rocking my pre-baby jeans in June!
Of course with highs comes the lows. We attended too many funerals of dear friends this year. A life cut short too soon and a life that had seen decades. They will always be in our heart.

Two thousand and twelve was a fantastic year for the Bosleys. Two thousand and thirteen is going to be full of BIG changes and events... house renovations, school, a 3 year old and maybe, just maybe, a baby. Of course, I will keep you all posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment