Saturday, January 19, 2013

I'm Baaaaack

Today I went on my first run since the beginning of November. Yikes, two month break!
The moment my stride began to pick up I remembered just how much I love to run. How I missed it and the way it made me feel. It was a gorgeous day to run. The weather couldn't have been any better, not too cold and not too hot. As my feet hit the pavement, my mind cleared, my body found it's rhythm, and I cranked up my music and rocked out. I set out to just finish 2 miles, but as I inched closer to 2 I started thinking about 3. Before I knew it I was committed to 4. So 43 minutes later I had pounded out 4 miles and burned 542 calories. Not too shabby, not too shabby. Even if my pace was a little slower.
I am still doing 30 day shred. Still hating loving it. I am on level 2 and see the most tone in my arms and legs. Unlike last go around, I am not bumping up to the next level after 10 days. Instead, I am doing each level until I master tolerate each move for the entire time. So this will be an ongoing thing. It is also acting as my strength training as I begin training for my second half marathon.

I have really noticed that if I work out in the morning I make better food choices the rest of day. Pretty much if I am going to drag my ass out of bed at 5 am, listen to Jillian Michael's say "don't phone this in", then hell if I am going to screw up all that with freaking handfuls of chocolate. Start the day off right... End the day right.

I am excited about the new faces that will be joining us for our second half marathon. Two college roomies and a cousin! I hope they love it as much as Vern and I did. Finishing 13.1 miles is amazing!

PS.... I love No-Bake Energy Balls. Check them out on pinterest. Make them... you won't regret it. They are my favorite pre and post workout bites. They may also be my mid-day snack.... or dinner dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment