Monday, October 8, 2012

What!... Tweleve days until 13.1!

The Road to 13.1 is quickly coming to a dead end. I am 12 days away from running a race I have spent 12 freaking weeks training for. How do I feel? Nervous. Anxious. Ready for it to be O.V.E.R. In the last week I have become so over running per a schedule. Over rearranging things to make sure I can get my run in. Over preparing mentally for long runs. Over feeling guilty for not getting my run in. Over it. Over it. Just freaking over it! I am just ready for the race to be here. To get the show on the road. I am ready to do it. I have been hooping and hollering about this half for 8 flippin’ months. It is time.
Where the heck are we at in training?...Yesterday was our long run…9 stinking miles. I had absolutely no motivation to do it. I was dreading it all day. I spent the morning grocery shopping and doing random things around the house; by the time 3:00pm rolled around I had no desire to meet Lexie for our 9 mile rendezvous. But with my husband’s help, a text message that said “Get up”, I hauled my butt to the car and drove south to meet Lexie. It wasn’t a bad run and we busted it out in 1:30 mins. and burned 1,111 calories. I gotta say I am a believer in the GU. As nasty as it is, it works (BTW, tri-berry isn’t so bad). I also pop Stingers every 15-20 minutes; suck down a lot of water and rock out to my tunes. This weekend is our last long run, 10 miles, before our half. Running double digits will be a major emotional moment for me. If you are in the Bonner Springs area, don’t judge if you see two girls crying their eyes out as they are running. We are just proud.

Since I starting this journey back in March, I have lost 16.4 pounds (My running BFF has also dropped some serious pounds, but we will leave that number a mystery)


March 2012

September 2012

My chunky ass isn’t the only thing that has been affected by my half marathon training. My daughter has officially been brain washed. One night I told her it was time for bath. She responded with “Wait! I gotta run 4 miles, Momma!” Then she ran her naked booty down the hall yelling “One!” Right back up the hall yelling “Two!” Total streaker! Yesterday afternoon, while we were playing outside, she says “Momma, let’s run. Run 4 miles!” Of course I ran along beside as we did laps around our backyard. When I put my magic black running capris on, Easton immediately says “You runnin Momma?” I love the influence this journey has had on her. When she asks why I run, I simply say to be healthy or I am training. I want Easton to never have to worry about being “fat” or feeling uncomfortable in her own body. I hope she sees how I take care of my body. How I exercise and eat my veggies and fruits… along with the occasional cookie… hell, who am I kidding? I can knock a row of Oreos out in no time. The point is, I want to be a good example for my daughter and honestly, I don’t want to be a fat mom who doesn’t have the strength, energy, or desire to go outside and play with her. I don’t want to be winded every time I run our “4 miles” around the back yard.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on sticking with the running and going for 13.1! That's awesome and you should feel such a sense of accomplishment! You look awesome.

    ReplyDelete