Tuesday, October 9, 2012

People have TWO of these!?

First off, I am just kidding in my title. Josh and I do want a second baby, but right now, we have our hands full with Bug.

What has our Easton Bug been up to? Well, a lot actually. She forms sentences VERY well and has no problem with telling you what she wants. In fact, she has mastered the whiny voice. Especially when she is tired. She no longer wants to listen and would much rather do whatever the hell she wants. Other than that she is a peach. Seriously, she is a total 2 year old on the verge of making me act like I am 2 also. Time out seems to no longer bother her. Which means we have resorted  to taking away toys, colors, and even threatened to remove her big girl chair from the table. Spankings have also come into play a lot more these days. No, we are not really hurting her, but we are swatting her enough to make her realize that the behavior is not acceptable. Twos are here and don't seem to be going anywhere too fast. Ugh...

Oh, the days when mornings were easy. When Easton loved seeing me walk into her room to get her up. When my daughter would wake up and we would cuddle and rock, get dressed, and head out the door in piece and quiet. We were well tuned, efficient machine. That machine is now a cranky, rusty, whiny mess. These days I am greeted by "I'm not ready" or "Go away". When did we go from 2 to 16!? I am guaranteed to be privy to least one meltdown in the morning if not more. Even going to the potty is a drawn out 10 minute process. Not because she is peeing for 10 minutes, but because she's "Not Ready!" and wants to remain sitting on the toilet even after she has done her business. Oh, daughter. I believe these meltdown mornings are all due to being tired. Why is she tired? Hmm... it could be the fact that some nights she isn't in bed until almost 9:00 pm, mind you her normal bedtime should be 8:00 pm. Hmmm... that probably stems from the fact we pee once, attempt to poop once, get a drink of water, need to rock several times, give Daddy/Mommy hugs and kisses, take medicine, the list goes on and on. She has mastered the technique of delaying bedtime by at least an hour. God bless her for being smart, but damn she wears me out.

Can you see the attitude I deal with in the morning...Guess what?! She's "Not ready"
I am done. Done telling you all how crazy my two year old is. Now that I have made you think she is a total terror, I'll fill you in on all the wonderful things she is doing right now.  So she speaks very well and has really picked up on counting and telling you what color objects are. She likes to pretend she is writing letters and still LOVES her books. Many of her books she can read to you just by looking at the pictures. She has heard them so many times she has memorized parts. Easton is obsessed with the BIG BAD WOLF from the book The Three Little Pigs. She talks about the big bad wolf all the time and we ready pretty much every night before bed. And let me tell you that the old school Disney books can be scary and harsh. Seriously what book for toddler says, "Go ahead, blow! Blow your head off!" She also really likes Cinderella and a lot of the Dr. Suess books.
Some of her funny and cute phrases:
Watcha guys doing?
Hey you guys!
Wanna see something cool?
Not quite
In a minute
It's fine Momma
You don't care?
Remember Momma?

This little toot is funny and cracks us up all the time. Her facial expressions and body language are a hoot. She definitely keeps us on our toes.

We have been busy, but I have not really found the time to blog about all our outings and events nor have I been the best at capturing pictures. So here we go with the photos I have captured...
Basehor's Homecoming Parade

Still waiting for the parade to start.

I picked a flower!
Finally the parade started.... and I made out with some candy!


"All done!" eating grapes.



Swimming in the bath tub!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are dealing with the terrible two's but I'm glad I'm not the only one! Sometimes I feel like Carson has multiple personalities!

    ReplyDelete