Friday, August 31, 2012

Undies!

Thank the Lord; we are rocking big girl undies! Not panties, but undies, ladies and gentlemen! This past week was Easton's first week at daycare in her super think Gerber undies. I am thrilled to report she didn't have a single accident. We are still using pull-ups during nap time and bed time for now.

I have said this so many freaking times, but potty training has been the hardest thing Josh and I have attempted to master as parents. You have to be crazy, I mean committed to hourly potty breaks. And let me tell you boys and girls, an hour goes by flipping fast. Just how fast?... Well Easton goes potty before we leave the house; we drive to the store; we shop for 20 minutes; it's potty time; we finishing shopping and check out; oh, potty again because it is a 20-30 minute ride home and it will be potty time during the drive; we get home and unload; low and behold it's potty time again. You see how quickly an hour goes by. Did you also notice it takes foreeever to get a simple task completed?

Let’s talk about patience. Hmmm... having Easton has really increased my ability to be patient. Now, I didn't say I am a perfectly patient parent. FAR from that. I said it increased it. However one very very very hot Saturday afternoon I lost my patients and spanked my daughter. Not once folks, but twice. Josh and I are not opposed to spanking, but this, my friends, was a spanking that I did out of pure lack of patients. It was hot, like 100+ degrees out. Easton and I were Wichita bound for a bridal shower. I had brought along her little portable potty so we could pull over and use the potty when needed. Well it didn't take long for Easton to figure out that when she said she needed to pee I would pull off the highway and she could sit in the back of the Tahoe and do her business. Of course this was fun for her... not me... not when we were trying to be somewhere... not when I was traveling solo with a potty training toddler... and when it was a 100+ degrees out. Not fun at all. Thus, I spanked her for playing games and not listening. For making me pull the car over every 15 minutes because she wanted to sit on the potty and do nothing. I just lost my cool. Not my finest moment as a Mommy.

For all those moments where I wanted to pull my hair out and cry because I was sure my daughter would be wearing a diaper to prom, there were many more awesome moments when Easton had great potty days. Moments I was so overwhelmed with pride and joy for my daughter.


Our potty training journey is still far from over, but this week was a huge milestone in the potty world. For the first time since we began, I feel like we are moving forward instead of one step forward and two steps back.
Easton, we are so proud of you and we love you very much!


Have you seen anything cuter than little undies running around? Well, maybe a naked baby bottom. Here are the little undies that run around our home!



 And who doesn't love a tent?!
 You can read to your babies in it!


Noses with Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment