Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Date... TREX

I can remember the first time my husband absolutely melted my heart. You are probably thinking when he proposed to me or him saying our wedding vowels, but those aren’t it. Though they are very special moments to me and I will cherish them a lifetime, they do not come to mind when I think of heart melting moments. The first time my husband melted my heart was the day Easton was born. From the moment she entered into the world Josh was right by her side. He wanted to do it all, be where ever she was, and cuddle her all the time. My heart just melted to see him transform into a Dad without missing a beat. It came very natural to him.

Now the second time my husband melted my heart was this past Saturday. While I was at a late afternoon baby shower, Josh got Easton ready for their first Daddy-Daughter date. I got home just in time to snap a few pictures before they headed out the door to T-Rex and I headed downtown for a bachelorette dinner.

Can't wait for this chica's wedding!

At the top of the kitchen stairs, I was greeted by an adorable excited 2 year with pigtails. My heart instantly swelled up. My husband took the time to make sure Easton looked as cute as can be for their date. He put her jean dress and white sandals on. He put her hair in pigtails with green butterfly clips attached to each one. He cared enough to make sure she looked all cutie-patootie for their date! I can tell you my dad didn’t know a thing about pigtails, much less how to do them. Shoot, he probably thought they had something to do with pork reins. Josh has done pigtails for Easton many times, but to come home and see that he didn’t throw her into short and a t-shirt made this Momma’s heart melt.

While at my dinner, I received a phone call from my husband:
Josh: Your daughter just peed on me and I just took her potty!"
Me: Did she pee while she was in there?
Josh: Yes.
Me: What did you do?
Josh: Took her upstairs to change her undies.
Me: What does your shirt look like?
Josh: There is a spot, but you really can't see it unless you are looking for it.
Me: Oh, well then.. have fun.

Even though it took them an hour to get a table, Easton had a potty incident, and bedtime routine was shot to shit, Easton had a blast spending the evening with just her Daddy. The next morning, she told me all about the dinosaurs she saw with Daddy.


For Josh's sake, I hope Easton never gets too old for Daddy-Daughter dates.
I


Digging for fossils...or just digging in the sand.




No comments:

Post a Comment