Monday, August 6, 2012

A Rambling Session...

Let the rambling begin....

First, Josh and I cut the cable mid July. No, we are not in some money crisis. Why we do it? Simple it was absolutely ridiculous to pay for cable when we watch it maybe 1 hour every night during the week and 4-5 hours on a weekend. Josh and I both work weekday evenings and weekends are our time with Bug. The plan is to use a laptop  and connect it to the TV to watch our fall/winter shows.

Did I mention Josh sold his truck? You know the one we paid off. So the story goes...
Josh: My mom said she would sell her bike to me.
Me: Oh. I am not creating a bill for a recreational vehicle.
Josh: What if I sold my truck?
Me: If you can sale your truck and buy a bike and a truck then go for it. 
The truck was listed on craigs list on Thursday and by Monday Josh had cash in his hand. Truth be told I didn't think it would sale. Josh listed for $4,500 less what we paid for it back in 2008. Not a bad resale value. So we now have a Harlie in the garage and Dodge Dakota in the driveway. I must say I am enjoying the gas savings. 

The garden has been a great success for us. We have really enjoyed spending our evenings watering, picking and weeding. It is great family time.

Last Monday I officially began training for my 1/2 Marathon. Boy, does it suck. I am having a hard time incorporating cross and strength training. I am hoping to pick up some classes I enjoy at the Y or Fusion with Jen.

Potty training is still going on. We have good days, bad days, and days Easton pisses on the floor two feet from the toilet, right in front of me. Like I say, Potty training is the hardest thing we have done as parents. Breastfeeding is a cakewalk compared to potty training. What is even more frustrating is she does awesome at daycare. I mean she is a peeing and pooping rockstar, but the evenings and weekends at home she is Josh's daughter, stubborn. 

That concludes my rambling session. I leave you with some pictures.

Daddy's BIG truck. She absolutely loves playing in it when she has the chance.
 The rest of the pictures are from a recent evening checking on the garden and playing in the backyard. I grabbed my camera, sat back in the grass and snapped away. Of course, there were many I could not share, because our daughter loves being naked.  





No comments:

Post a Comment