Friday, July 6, 2012

Road to 13.1: Color Run 5K

We are back on the Road to 13.1! This race I was lucky to be able to run with two kick ass ladies, Chrisie (cousin-in-law and BFF) and Lexie (college and lifetime BFF).  This by far was the most fun and quickest 5K I have done so far. I am pretty sure we didn’t run 3.1 miles (at least it didn’t feel like it), but it also wasn’t a time race and far from being an “official” race. It was all about the COLOR and having FUN. Which we did!

Color Run Must Haves:
1. Sunglasses to protect your eyes from all the color.
2. Towel to protect your seat on the ride home.
3. Wet Wipes- for parking lot clean up.
4. Clothes- to change into or t-shirt to put over your tank.
5. Personal Photographer- to capture all those fun moments!

Nice and Clean...

Hello Pink!

Finished and Colorful!


Throwing our color packets!



Raise the Roof Chrisie

Super Star Lexie

Jumping Jack Mel
 

A HUGE THANK YOU to my husband for getting up at 5:30am with us and being our personal event photographer! And our #1 fan! 

And to sum up the aftermath of the color run… “So after a long shower, I still have a blue armpit, a blue splotch on my cheek (and I don’t mean my face, WTH?!?), my ankle looks like it should be on the Jersey Shore, and I blew my nose and all sorts of colorful stuff came out! All in all it doesn’t appear to be the most successful body cleansing I’ve ever completed! But the FUN was worth it!!” And that my friends, is why I love my gal Lexie!

Next up: ALL STAR 5K this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment