Friday, July 13, 2012

Lake Lover and Headboard

Our weekends are always eventful and this past weekend was not different. Aside from the All Star 5K I completed on Sunday, we also enjoyed an afternoon with friends and family at the Lake House on Saturday.

Our little fishy loved the lake. In fact, the only time we got her out was to eat and watch the lake fireworks. Needless to say, she crashed on our way home that night.




We finally finished a project! I have this horrible habit of starting projects and dragging them out foooorrreeeevvveer!

Remember in this post when I talked about bringing a large chunk of Arkansas home with me? Well it came home and it is finally in my bedroom! Yay!

My papaw gave me slats of pine from his barn to make a headboard. I was able to snag the boards from the horse stables so I got cool hinges and locks to place on the headboard.  I gave the boards a good scrubbing. You know, to get the manure and wasp nest off. Then Josh built it. Josh sprayed it with two coats of clear coat so we wouldn't get splinters. Then Josh and some neighbors hoofed that puppy up the stairs and installed it. Then Momma changed her mind! Yikes! After the neighbors, left of course. So me and the hubby took off the legs and reattached it and ta-da! A rustic, one-of-a-kind, gorgeous headboard!
Yes, that is a bunny. Our boo-boo bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment