Thursday, July 5, 2012

All about Pee and Poop

Potty Training Update:

The following week after we started potty training Easton get sick. Which made potty training freaking hard and horrible. Sick baby=no potty. After 3 days of a steady temperature and 2 days of a rash, Easton was healthy again. Potty training was once again in full force. The last couple of days have been really awesome and it seems like peeing in the potty has just "clicked" for her. Pooping... not so much. But I am hopeful we will get there soon.

Let's play a game of  'I Never'! Since we began potty training there have been many things I thought I would never say or do.

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D...
  • Dance for pee or poop. Easton and I shake our booty every time she goes potty. We call it our potty dance. Daddy does, too.
  • Catch poop in my hand. While swimming the other night, Easton began grunting. I scoped her up and dashed to our upstairs bathroom to get her on the potty. I put her down and began furiously stripping her out of her swimsuit. Only to find myself grabbing a turd that was floor bound. Oddly enough I didn't think twice about it.
  • Say "Pee, come out" to my daughter's vajay-jay. Easton now tells this to her vajay-jay.
  • Say "We don't pee on Cinderella or Mouse. Do we?". Easton's pull-ups have Minnie Mouse and Cinderella on them. We always talk about how we don't pee in our pull-up because Minnie and Cinderella don't like to be peed on.
  • Talk about pee and poop so much. It seems to be 75% of what I talk about! Yikes.
  • Hear my daughter tell me "Good job Mommy! Wanna flush? Cookie?" as I pee. Early on I would let Easton come into the bathroom with me so she could see what it is all about. You know the whole pottying business. Well, once we got into potty training and began making a huge deal about it, Easton began returning the favor. She doesn't hesitate to praise us and reward us just like we do her.
  • Clean Sam's Club and Chilli's toilets. Public bathrooms and potty training are the worst ever. And it does gross me out. On several recent outings Josh and I have both used wet wipes to clean toilets so Easton can go potty. BTW I never talked to Josh about wiping down the areas Easton would be sitting or touching, he just did it on his own, especially since it was the boys bathroom. I was so proud of him!  
  • Show my daughter my poop. Yep, Easton is very persistent about joining me in the bathroom. Not only does she praise me, but she also wants a view. God, I hope this passes once we conquer potty training.
FUNNY BITS:
  • Easton likes to tell Harlie (our dog) and total strangers that she peed in the potty.
  • She will tell people "I don't pee in pull-up".
  • She would much rather have a cookie than M&M's as a reward for going potty.
  • The other day after Josh had gone to the bathroom, Easton and I went into our bathroom to grab something and Easton said, while waving her hand across her face "Daddy stinky! Shooooweee...Stinky!" I died laughing and said "Yes, he is."
Potty training, by far, as been the most difficult thing Josh and I have come across as parents. It truly does take a lot patients and persistence, especially when they figure out it can be used as a tool to avoid nap and bed time. Smart suckers aren't they.  In the past several weeks I have thought about throwing in the towel, but we just kept pushing on. Even during those weeks I thought she would be in a diaper until she graduates high school.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up! If she's still showing signs of being willing to try, you gotta stick it out. It's ALL worth it once it's done. We've been diaper-free for weeks now and it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete