Thursday, July 12, 2012

Road 13.1: All Star BABY!

A week later after the Color Run and my running BFF are at it again. This time we ran with celebrities! Ok, so more like saw and heard a couple speak. I think I remember the host saying that there was some 8,000 runners/walkers/kids. That is a lot!  This also meant a bottle neck at the finish line and us walking across it instead of finishing our run. That is my only compliant about the race was not being able to finish strong and being corralled through the finish line. Other than that it was a good course, decent morning, and lot of fun! Favorite moment.... running through the water of  2 fire hydrants. KCMO Fire helped the runners keep cool. 

Lexie and I ran this race in roughly 32 minutes. We stopped my garmin watch as soon as we realized we would be herded to the finish line. Average pace was 10 minute mile.

This was a once in a lifetime expereience and I am glad it got to do it with Vern!
Pre-Run... except apparently Lexie was distracted by the cutie over to the side ;) 

Post-run! Showing off our BLING!

NEXT UP: August 11th, Deanna Rose Farmstead Stampede 5K!

No comments:

Post a Comment