Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Relaxing in Oklahoma and The Ugly gets Uglier!

This past Friday Josh and I headed south to Oolagah, Oklahoma to spend the weekend with my cousin, Lacey and her boyfriend, Jacob. Friday night after Mexican food we headed back to the house to hang out. Around ten Lacey and I both decided to get ready for bed. About 20 minutes later we both come back into the living room sporting our Arkansas Razor Back pajama pants, a white oversized shirt, and our retainers. It was so funny. We even took our retainers out and compared them. Josh and Jacob just looked at us like we were crazy. We busted up laughing! Saturday morning we all went to an early lunch at the Silver Dollar Cafe or maybe it was a bar. Not sure. From there the guys headed to the gun show and we headed to Tulsa to do some shopping. Shopping was fun and it allowed for Lacey and me to get caught up on some girl talk. Later that evening we met up at the house to grill, watch the derby, and the boys shot their bows. After dinner we headed to the Bowling Alley! It has been really long time since Josh and I bowled, but it was a lot of fun. Jacob ended up winning the first game and I ended up winning the second. Sometime during the two games Josh hurt is hip. So he has been whining about it. I don't even know where to begin to think how you hurt your hip bowling. We spent Sunday morning watching a movie and around 1:00 pm we headed back north. It was great to see Lacey since the last time I saw her was my wedding. Oh, and during our stay Josh and I slept in a full size bed. Now when I say slept I mean that Josh slept and I ended up on the couch the first night and I was too damn tired to second night from the first night of not sleeping to even make it to the couch. It was an amusing experience for the two of us.

Ok on to house hunting! Blah! Tuesday evening we went back to the Tongie house for a second look. This time we were able to get into the back yard and this time we confirmed that the house has foundation issues. Yikes! So we marked this house off the list and we are officially out of houses to look out that meet our specifications. Crap! Needless to say the drive home was a little intense. Two reasons: 1) Josh really liked that house and was a bit disappointed and 2) he is a week and two days into being chew free! So after some discussion and frustration we have decided to change our criteria. We have dropped the acreage and now are looking for 3 bedrooms and 2 baths in a reasonable price range, our price range. Now this comes with some thought. First we love my parents and we are very grateful for everything they have done for us, but it is time for us to move out and have our own house. Second we have decided that with our price range in order for us to get land we have to sacrifice the features of the house. Which I am not willing to do. So this lead us to our final thought. We can buy a house we like and in 5 to 6 years move or build on acreage. That evening I called our agent and lined us up to view three houses in Basehor tonight. Two are in a subdivision and one is just on a city lot. After tonight I am done looking out houses for the week! Please send all happy house thoughts our way!

Tobacco Free Update: Josh is one week and three days chew free! Yay! I am so so so proud of him! Although on the way down to Oklahoma he was eating those nasty life saver mints like they were candy. I know they are candy, but I mean he wasn't even sucking on them. He would pop one in his mouth and five seconds later he was gnawing on it like a steak. Good thing he bought the BIG bag! Question.... Have you ever been house hunting with a man that just quit chewing? It isn't always pretty! ;)

Josh shooting his bow.

Lacey and me at the bowling alley!

Josh at the bowling alley

Husband and wife at the bowling alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment