Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The ugly becomes LOVELY!

I am ecstatic to report that Josh and I have purchased a home! Well almost.... we are scheduled to close on June 19th! I am sure you are wondering how the hell this happened! Especially since we were having a rough time house hunting last week as noted in last weeks blog! Weeelllll here is the gossip, 411, dl, etc.:

Wednesday evening of last week (I had already posted our blog that afternoon, otherwise I would have reported this) we went to three houses. The first was all brick. It was kinda dark and not very airy or bright inside. It made me feel like a hermit. It wasn't the worst house we had seen, but I didn't fall in love with it. Josh liked it, but he didn't love it either. Oh, I forgot to mention that all the houses we looked at Wednesday evening are located in Basehor, Ks. So we moved on to the next house and kept the brick house on the list as a maybe. We pulled up to the second house of the evening and I thought to myself that this house looked nice from the outside. But it was the moment I walked inside that I realized I absolutely LOVE this house. The more we walked around the more I fell in love with it! The kitchen was open and had plenty of room for Josh to cook (if you didn't know Josh does most of the cooking. I hate to and he is VERY good at it). It has three bedrooms down the hall from the kitchen and one more down in the basement. This house had everything! A nice big garage and "man" room for Josh. The master bedroom had a walk in closet and bath with a whirlpool tub! If this house was sitting on 10 acres we would have just found our dream home! This house was the first house Josh and I both loved and agreed on! The back yard was nice and big for our doggies! Even better it was built in 2006 so maintenance would be minimal for us! Big high five there! Oh, and it is move in ready. We got in the truck to see the next house and I told Josh I LOVE this house and would like to put a bid in on it. Needless to say when we arrived at the third house of the evening it didn't even have a chance. I found so many things that I really disliked because I was comparing it to the previous house that I loved.
So Thursday evening we took my parents and Jason Moore to the house for a look and decided to put a bid in. Now for those of you who are not aware of this. I have recently became a little penny pincher. So this being said you should not be too shocked when I tell you our offer was 30K less than the listing price. You will also not be shocked when I tell you they rejected our offer and our agent had to talk there agent into counter offering. The whole process was extremely frustrating for Josh and me. The sellers did not want to come off their price at all. They had little room to negotiate given they had only lived in the house for 3 years. It wasn't until Monday morning we finally had a signed contract by both parties. Our scheduled closing date is June 19, but we are shooting for an earlier one if possible. Below are some pictures I took today at the inspection. Please note the furniture is not ours.


Josh's 'Man' Room








Living Room

Back of House




Loooking in back yard from deck




Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! Congratulations on being homeowners. The house is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete