Thursday, May 21, 2009

Three Weeks Chew Free and the Storage Unit from Hell!

Right off the bat I want to update everyone on Josh's chew-free status! Today he is THREE weeks and FOUR days dip free! Yay! Big ol' smooch to him! And the best thing about the smooch....tobacco free! He is still going strong chomping on those nasty white life saver mints. Pop them one after another. This past Saturday was a rough one for him. He spent the morning at his mom's house grading out her front yard. Well I think Jason did the grading and Josh assisted or supervised. Not really sure. But anyways, Jason and Tim (later joined them once the work was complete) both chew. So boys being boys.... Jason and Tim both gave him a hard time! Including saying "I am going to tell Melissa you were chewing!" Silly boys! What they don't get is this is all Josh! He is the one who decided to quit. There was no nagging, bitching, or threatening on my part. I simply gave him a little more motivation. Ok so Josh is still going strong and if you have his phone number, facebook, my space, etc. give him a pat on the back or a way to go! He really deserves it and appreciates all the support!

House Update....
So many of you know that we after our wedding we opened all our gifts, sent out our Thank You cards and put all our gifts into storage. Now our wedding was nine months ago. Yes nine! How time flies! So we both have no clue what we got as gifts. To add to this situation, when we were packing up and moving out of our duplex I got into the habit of saying pitch it we will either get one for our wedding our we can just buy a new one. Well...this leads us to not knowing what the crap we need! I do however distinctively remember saying screw taking the trash can it is going to the curb. So I do know we need a trash can and I am currently on the hunt for one ;) In fact Mark, my brother, aka Sparky, is moving out today into an apartment. His end tables, dryer, and coffee table are being stored in our storage unit. He was very persistent in wanting to get these items out even after I told him that they are most likely buried with wedding gifts and other items. So we went to the storage unit last night and returned home empty handed. Mark did crawl to the back and found his coffee table buried under a headboard, box spring, Josh's man chair, which was broke into two pieces for easy storage. Needless to say he could not get to it with out breaking something. To top it off, even if he could unbury it, he would have to scale Josh's dresser, a couch, washer, and dryer in order to make it out! I am not sure if he even found his end tables. This just shows how unorganized, jam packed, and out of control our storage unit is!

Other random notes from this past week and weekend:

We took our dogs, Harlie and Ella, to be cleaned Saturday morning, only to have to take Harlie to the vet. The place we take them received an incorrect shipment of shampoo and Harlie had a horrible reaction to it. The vet had to shave a 3 inch long and 2 inch wide patch of hair down the back of her neck. It looked like a really bad burn that was scabbed over. It was very nasty! Needless to say the grooming company paid our $80.77 vet bill.

Josh finally got to cut down the tree that he hates at my parents house. It is the one that cracked his mirror on his truck and always puts sap crap on the cars. This was a late Saturday afternoon/early Sunday morning project. He loved every minute of it!

I am officially "training" for the Tiblow Trot! Lexie and Chrisie will be doing it with me! Yay! It is a five mile run through the town of Bonner Springs. I have to start now in order to build up the five miles! Wish us luck!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! Oh, and KFC's grilled Chicken ROCKS! Try it!

1 comment:

  1. Luckily we didn't have to get a storage unit, we used my parent's house for that-lol. They were sooo excited when we moved and took EVERYTHING with us. When my mom heard we could move in early, she literally got up and said, "I'll start helping you pack your sh!t up!" and she did!

    I'm so excited for you guys and your first house. It's so much work, but so much fun decorating it and making it your own.

    Way to go Josh on not chewing. He will be so glad he did it in the future.

    ReplyDelete