Monday, November 19, 2012

Dancing Diva


I am a dance mom! Well, not the crazy, screaming, crying, TLC dance mom, but our little bug started dance class last Monday. She is enrolled at Bryd's Dance and Gymnastics. Her class consists of 15 minutes of tap, 15 minutes of ballet, and 30 minutes of gymnastics.

Monday was our trial class, which really means... a free class to see if you are kid is going to freak out and scream their head off or cry the entire hour of class. I am happy to report Easton did neither. Thank God! It helped that her friend Izzy was in the class. Izzy use to go to daycare with Easton, but recently began a private preschool. They were inseparable. Izzy had been going to dance for awhile, so she kept showing Easton how to do things. Going as far as moving her leg for her. It was adorable.

I was not able to go into the studio with Easton. As much as I wanted to photograph every freaking adorable second of it, I refrained and followed the rules. They took Easton into the studio and fitted her for tap shoes. She was hesitant at first and clung onto my hand, but with a little nudging and help from Ms. Hannah, Easton walked into the studio with her.

I was THAT Mom. The one who is hovering outside the dance room, peeking in between the blinds, just trying to get a glimpse of what they were doing. Normally the blinds are completely closed, but that night they were slightly opened enough to where I could watch Easton, but she could not see me. I get keeping parents out. Toddlers are non-listening hellions when there parents are around. But I still asked for a tour of where Easton would be for her session. Do you think I am just going to let you take my baby into a room for an hour without checking it out first? Don't think so!  They actually are in two rooms, one is for dance and the other is a freaking awesome padded fun house for gymanstics! Anyways, Easton was very still, wide-eyed, and in awe for the first 10 minutes of class. Taking it all in. She was quiet, not smiling, just not sure of what to do or what was going on. I being her Mom, wanted to run in there and help her. Save her. Show her what she was supposed to be doing. Make her feel more comfortable. Make her fit in. But I didn't, because I know she is smart. She needed time to soak the new environment in. She needed to watch everyone for a bit and find her place. Then she did and loved it. She was smiling, following instructions, dancing around with her ballerina bear. She relaxed and just had fun!

Izzy shared her snack with Easton. Seriously, how cute are those two!

Our little dancing bug and getting fitted for her tap shoes

Standing in her circle next to Izzy. This was the best picture I could get.


I am lucky enough to work for a boss that didn't think twice when I asked to leave at 4 pm on Monday's to take Easton to class. His response was "They grow up too fast and you need to be apart of special things like this. Enjoy them." I must agree they do grow up way too fast!

1 comment: