Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 2012 and the Pooper!

The Boselys made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. This time we ventured away from Kerby's and headed to Lawrence to check out Schaake's Pumpkin Patch. We now have a new favorite pumpkin patch. Not because we didn't have to pay any admission or the fact that I wasn't being charged $2 and $3 for "extras". Simply because they have to coolest variety of pumpkins. Not just traditional orange ones. They have grey, blueish ones, speckled ones, short and squatty ones, tall and skinny ones, white ones, fire engine red ones.... the list goes on and on. The best part? We actually had to cut them off the vine unlike other places. Now I don't know this for a fact, but it seemed like last year the pumpkin patch we went to purchased pumpkins, dumped them into their field and marked them up. Just saying. I was really disappointed. Anyways, Schaake's was fun for Easton and I didn't have to pay the $3 extra for the pony rides or the $2 for the maze, etc. Schaake's is simple with several playgrounds, some animals, a kid friendly maze, and tractor rides to the pumpkin patch. We paid .40 per pound for our pumpkin and left happy. We will for sure be back to Schaake's next year. In fact, I already told Vern and my  mom we are headed there at the beginning of September so we can purchase some fall decor for our front yards!

Oh, I can't forget our first experience with a 2 year who is potty training and a PORT-A-POTTY! As soon as we get there, Easton tells me she needs to potty. So we haul off to the port-a-potties. Ugh... D.I.S.G.U.S.T.I.N.G. This being a first for both of us, it took me a moment to figure out the best way to go about this, without having my 2 year old touch a single thing. Ok, so I told her don't touch ANYTHING (do you know how hard that is for a 2 year old?!) and to stand on the small area next to the "hole". Of course, the first thing Easton does is look down into the "hole". "Eeeewww! Momma, what's that poop doin' there?" Crap, that is nasty. As I am pulling down her pants, I explain that she needs to put her arms around my neck and hold on while I hold her legs. Oh, and to pee quickly. She does her business and I yank up her pants. No time to wipe. We bolted that stink hole! Round two at the port-a-potties, Daddy was along to help since this was a #2 trip. Timing is everything. So we waited patiently for a little boy to finish. The boy and his family walked away and Easton and I stepped in. It reeked of shit. I began to gag. Josh asked me if I wanted him to do it and I happily said yes. He begins pushing off the toilet paper that lined the seat and then says "Someone shit all over the seat!" Peace out! We moved over to the next one. Easton never pooped and we jetted. It was a very interesting experience for all of us. Next year, we will stop at McDonalds for a potty break before hitting up the pumpkin patch.









For whatever reason, Easton thought it was hilarious to flash the camera! She kept pulling up her shirt and laughing, of course it didn't help that we were laughing at her!



No comments:

Post a Comment