Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hookem' Horns

Work hooked me and Josh up with tickets to the KU vs. Texas game on 10.27.12. Vern and Jake were able to join us. We hit up QT on our way to the 11 o'clock kick off for coffee and hot chocolate since it was a chilly morning. We had kick ass parking and great seats. Personally, I was thrilled to see that our seats had cushions and backs! Score! Even though we were extremely out numbered, since we were sitting in the alumni section, Josh wore his Texas jersey proudly. Thankfully there was two Texas fans behind us that he chummed it up with.

Of course, you can't go to a football game without some drama.. right? Well, first a lady bumped into me and I spilled a entire pop on the people behind me. Then in the last half of the game, KU fans began getting pretty ugly. Well, one particular fan stood out. A grown man, I'd say about 36 in age, flipped Josh off. Really!? Josh's response? "Win or Lose, we are still going to booze!" This guy was being a complete jerk to all the Texas fans around. Unfortunately, he wasn't drunk so his rude and obnoxious behavior wasn't alcohol driven. Sadly, he bolted before Josh could shake his hand and tell him good game. Because, honestly, it was a good game and in the end Texas pulled off the win. It is so sad to see grown man have such unsportsman like behavior. It was embarrassing.

All four of us had a great time and here are some pictures...












While at the game, my parents and Uncle Markey took Easton to Boo at the farm. Here are the pictures my brother sent me...


No comments:

Post a Comment