Friday, December 14, 2012

Bug Update!

Boy, have we entered into a whole new territory. Recently Easton has been 2 going on 30. She is smart, scary smart. Repeating sayings and phrases in context. Sassy, too.

One night on our way home from daycare, Easton kept using the word stupid. Ugh.... So after many threats, I busted out the liquid hand soap. A squirt and spanking later, I had a very upset 2 year who learned a tough lesson. Not only are we dealing with the word stupid, but damn it also. As in, "Damn it, Harlie!" Yep, correct use of the word. No, we don't say "Damn it, Harlie", but Papa has been known to drop the d-word a time or two. Since the mouth washing episode, we haven't heard stupid or other bad words. It had such an affect on her that she heard her Papa say a bad word and went and grabbed the hand soap off out bathroom and handed it to her. Fair is fair! She is also very straight forward with telling EVERYONE that we don't say bad words because we get soap in our mouth. Was is it extreme or dramatic? Maybe, but the point I was trying to make.. stuck... and hasn't left.

Time out is a thing of the past. It just doesn't work on her. Taking toys away and swatting her bottom gets better results aside from the whole soap thing.

Other than her sailor mouth, Easton is stinking cute. She cracks me up all the time. Here are some favorites:
  • As she runs around the house naked she yells "I'm streaking!"
  • In her sweetest, kindest voice she tells me "Momma, your my best friend".
  • Not that we are regulars at McDonald's, but she will say "Cheeseburger and fries, Momma! Go to Donalds!"
  • Every time we stop at QT to get gas, she says "Need drink, Momma!" As in, she wants to go inside and get a drink, a juice or slushy.
We still have Easton her crib. I honestly don't know when we will transition into a toddler bed. I fear that as soon as we take the plunge into toddler bed, we will have nightly 3:00 am wake up calls. And quiet frankly, I am selfish and want my sleep. Don't fix what ain't broke... right?!

Easton is a people pleaser, especially a Mommy and Daddy pleaser. She wants to do good and she says "Momma, I am a good girl?". One time when she had an accident she told my dad "Hurry Papa! Put them on quick. Momma is coming!" He was changing her undies and I was coming in to talk to her about peeing in them. She didn't want me to know. She will tell people "It upsets Mommy when I pee in my undies". Because I have told her so many times, that peeing in her undies makes me upset because you are such a big girl and know what you are supposed to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment