Monday, August 31, 2009

TiBLoW TrOt.... McDonald's Bag and Dierks Bentley!

I woke up this past Saturday at 5:15 AM with the song "What was I thinking" by Dierks Bentley jamming in my head! What the hell was I thinking when I mentioned doing the Tiblow Trot to my friend Lexie?! Now the Tiblow Trot is 5 miles, not a 5K! Not just any 5 miles, but the most hilly five miles ever! I even had the nervous pees that morning! So as planned Lexie and I meet up and walked over to starting area. We were there thirty minutes early so we did a warm up run and some stretching. As time ticked down and more and more people arrived, I became even more antsy. Then we were off! Of course we started toward the back because there was no way I was going to start up there with those 5 minute mile runners! This race route is kinda sneaky. The first mile is easy and flat! But the next four miles to follow are nothing but hills! As we completed the first mile I began to anxiously wait for us to reach the dreaded YMCA hill! That day it was the biggest hill of my life. You really don't realize how much of an incline this bad boy has until you try running up the dang thing instead of driving up it in your car! So I ran as far as I could up it and then begin to walk. I did this on three hills total. As I was running up the YMCA hill the F Bomb slipped out! Yeah it wasn't quiet either, but hey that hill is a monster! Lexie and the group running in front of us just looked a me and laughed. Once I passed the three mile mark I was a robot. Just picking up one foot and placing it in front of the other. In the end Lexie and I finished the race! My goals were to 1. finish the race, 2. do it under an hour, and 3. walk as little as possible. I accomplished all three of them. It was the best feeling in the world when I crossed the finish line! Josh and my parents were waiting there for us! I was so full of adrenaline it was crazy. I felt like I could have kept on running!
My favorite quotes from RACE DAY!:
" Did you see the McDonald's bag back there? It about made me vomit!" Lexie Manning
"We did it! We finished!" Me
My favorite quote/conversation/text the Friday before RACE DAY!:
Me texting Lexie: "Whatcha thinking about?"
Lexie's response: "How stupid my fat ass is gonna look running tomorrow! You?"
I got that text and died laughing!

Ok, so I am working on a project. It is my Labor Day weekend project. It involves a $5.00 door, a sander, and paint. Pictures and details next once I complete the project this weekend!
Now some race pictures!
Here I am getting ready to cross the finish line!

Here is Lexie finishing the race!

And here we are! We did it!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Looking at the pictures just wore me out so you won't see me running the trot. lol

    ReplyDelete