Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One year down.... a LIFETIME to go!

This past weekend Josh and I took a little trip to Branson so celebrate our FIRST anniversary! Three very important things were established on this trip:

1. We now have hotel standards!
2. Go Karts and mini-golf can entertain you many nights!
3. Branson is a once in a lifetime trip, meaning we won't be back!

Ok, I will elaborate on the items listed above. Hotel Standards! I booked the Super 8 and from the outside it didn't seem too bad, however once we got into our room it was a whole different story! The shower head had to be installed by a midget or for a midget, one or the other. I seriously had to do a squat to wash my hair! The room wasn't exactly what you want to stay in when it is your anniversary. Which leads me to the phrase- you get what you pay for. At some point in our relationship Josh and I have hotel standards and the Super 8 did not make the cut so we moved to the Hampton Inn the next morning! Aww... the Hampton Inn.... rocked! It was so much nicer, and I didn't have to exercise to get my hair washed! Highly recommend the Hampton Inn.


Go Karts and miniature golf... This was our evening activity every night! Yes every night. We got to Branson Friday evening dropped our bags and headed to the Wild Woody! From the Wild Woody we played a round of miniature golf. We played a different course every night. Currently we are tired up on wins, 2 and 2. Until next time husband!

Branson is a once in a lifetime trip.... I am just saying that we did really enjoy ourselves and loved that we got to spend time with each other, but once you have been to Branson once there truly is no need to go back. For us two full days was enough. We kinda ran out of things to do. If you are not a show junkie, there really is only so much you can do. But I had never been and Josh was young when he went so hey we got to experience it together!


The beginning of our trip! Packed up and ready to hit the road!



Of course we had to stop and taste the cheese!


Josh excited about his cheese and beef stick!



Duck Ride around Branson!



Instead of being patient, we thought it would be a better to take the two mile hike to the entrance! Wrong!



Go KARTS!






Mini-Golf!


Water and Fire show at the Branson Landing!


Our Anniversary dinner!



Mini-Golf again after dinner!



Bass Pro has these Nascar simulators. Josh and I competed against each other. Josh came in 11th and I came in 7th! I kicked his butt!




Oh, and here is a story for you all.... For the past month I have been saying we need to see what kind of filter our AC unit takes and check if it needs to be changed. Well yesterday evening our thermostat's change filter indicator came on. I told Josh to go a check what size we needed so we can pick some up at Wal-Mart this evening. He did and we were off to Wal-Mart. Do you know how many flippin' filters there are. I WIDE range! Ok, so anyways we get back home and I start unpacking groceries as Josh brings them up (this is our system- Josh brings up and I unpack everything except meat. I can't stand the smell and texture of meat. It seriously grosses me out. No I am not a vegetarian, but I can't stand raw meat. So Josh handles putting away the meat) Alright, so while I am putting up the groceries Josh goes down to our sub-basement and puts the new filter in. He comes up stairs and begins putting way the meat. I starts getting hot and the conversation goes like this:
Me: Is it hot in here?
Josh: Yeah.
Me: (I walked over to the thermostat in the hall) Holy crap it is 77 degrees in here.
Josh: Hmm... (typical man answer)
I walk back to the kitchen and finish putting groceries away. It keeps getting warmer and warmer. I walk back to the thermostat.
Me: Josh it is 78 degrees in here. Are you sure you put the filter in right?
Josh: Yeah... It just slides in there Melissa
Me: Go check it! It should not be 78 degrees in here. The AC isn't even kicking on. Something is wrong and it is flippin' hot!
Josh goes down stairs and comes back up with a smile, you know that smile that says something is up.
Me: What did you do?
Josh: Is it working?
Me: Yeah it kicked on. What did you do?
Josh: I just got the touch baby!
Me: Whatever! What did you do?
Josh: I told you I just touched it. (as he rubs his hand on my leg)
Me: You're full of crap! Tell me.
Josh: I did touch it... I touched the light switch and turned it back on. When I changed the filter I must have hit it off.
So the lesson we learned was that our unit has a switch that shuts down the system. Be sure not to hit it unless you want to sweat your ass off putting groceries away! Oh, how we love all the new experiences with home ownership!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny about the A/C, ours has a switch too... But Billy does all of that...

    About Branson, I am sorry that it was not as much fun as you thought... We could have gave you some ideas, if I knew you had never been... We use to go alot and Billy's Family goes all of the time... A cheap little get-a-way... But we are getting ready to go with the kids next month... I will let you know how everything turns out... I am not sure what Hotel? Doing the Duck Ride, Silver Dollar City, Drive Thur Zoo, Dixie Stampede Dinner and Go Karts too...

    Katy Tate Langford

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the duck ride.. That was the highlite of our trip when we went... I agree a once in lifetime trip... Table rock lake is fun and not to far away.. We did not do Silver Dollar city because we don't do the rides.. But hey at least you were together... =) oh and the fire show AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete