Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A FENDER BENDER and an OPEN HOUSE all in one day!

Brace yourself...

This past Saturday Josh and I had an Open House... and this is how it played out! (seriously hope in 20 years we will laugh at this one!) Friday evening Josh's dad, step-mom, and uncle came up and stayed with us. Josh, his dad, and Jason (Josh's friend) had a 6:30 am tee time Saturday morning for Gary's birthday. So they were up and gone at 5:30 am. I got up and took our dogs to Safe Harbor to be kenneled and then began doing those last minute cleaning details before the Open House began at noon. The guys got back from the golf course around 10:30 am and Josh and Jason headed to his house to grab another grill and tent. Gary, Josh's dad, and uncle headed to Sonic to get a bag of ice and something to drink. Josh and I had talked about moving our cars out of the garage and driveway and down the street so there was room for everyone to park. So I thought it would be a great time to do this. As I was backing out of the garage concentrating on not hitting the house , I ended up sliding my rear side down Josh's skirt on his truck! (skirt, hips, whatever you want to call them, but it is the part that sticks farther out on a dually truck. See picture below)



Ok, so instantly when I realized what was going on I hit the brakes and though SHIT! Do I just keep going? Do I pull back up? Crap! I decided it was probably best to pull forward. I got out and ran inside to grab my phone and call Josh. So the conversation went like this:

Me: So do you want the good news or the bad news

Josh: Good news

Me: Well I didn't put a hole in it

Josh: What!?

Me: Bad news is I backed into your truck pulling out of the garage

Josh: What!? You are DONE parking in the garage!

Me: It isn't as bad as you are thinking. Stop freaking out.

Josh: Melissa I told you that the first time you hit my truck you were done parking in the garage.

Me: Whatever. Bye

Click....

Needless to say he was pissed and of course that pissed me off! I went ahead and moved my car around the corner and waited for him to get back and look at the damage that was done. Ok so onto the damage part. Josh's dad got back and looked at it. He said it will all buff out. Josh got back and walked up the stairs with attitude! Of course I followed him to the bedroom so we could discuss the whole thing. Of course Josh being a man... he was a flat out jerk about the whole thing (BTW he later apologized for this). In the end Josh said his piece and I said mine and then we agreed to disagree and put on our happy faces for the Open House. Sunday is when we finally got to talk things over. The Open House was great and we had many more people show up than I expected and we ran out of food! It was a great time even if it was flippin' hot! My poor AC unit just could not keep up with all the people going in and out!

Oh, and in exactly FIVE days Josh and I will have been married for ONE YEAR! Like I wrote on my mom's wall calender... "Holy Shit We Made It A Year!" ;) No seriously though.... We will be spending our one year anniversary in Branson, Mo! A nice little three day get away! Check out next weeks blog for details of our mini-vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Anniversay!!!
    Katy Tate Langford

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO at the conversation. That is EXACTLY how it would have went down if it was me and George.

    ReplyDelete