Monday, April 30, 2012

Road to 13.1: Dorthy Dash 5K

This month’s race was the Dorthy Dash 5K. It is part of Garmin’s Land of OZ race event. I headed into this race determined to cross the finish line in less than 30 minutes. It was a cold one, but part of me didn’t mind because I got to rock my new running jacket. Loved it! It was a very smooth and easy course. Very few hills and mostly through neighborhoods. I hated the stupid u-turn halfway up a side street they made you do. It felt cramped, like we were on top of each other. The food sucked. Usually after a race there are bananas, oranges, bagels, yogurt, milk, chocolate milk, and much more. The only things offered at after this race was bananas and yogurt. Crappy. Seriously, you are GARMIN. I think you can afford to shell out some additional money on recovery food. Overall, it was an easy course with shitty food.

I did meet my goal! In fact I exceeded it…
Time: 28:48.96
Pace: 9.18
 

Pre-Race Game Face

Post Race Game Face


Later that afternoon Lexie and I headed to Topeka to meet Jentry Ann Mader. She is a sweet little girl and cute as a button. I thought holding a newborn would give me baby fever for baby #2, however it did just the opposite. Not that Jentry was crying and out of control while we were there, she was an angel. It just made me realize how much work a new baby is and I am just not ready to do it all over again. I enjoy my one on one time with Easton and our time as a family of three. It will happen. Just not yet.

1 comment:

  1. I look very pale, and that first pic was before the race. LOL I love Jentry in the pic, we could bend her up like a pretzel! Did you get the email with the professional pics, they weren't too shabby!!!!
    Lexie

    ReplyDelete