Monday, March 12, 2012

Bakin' Mommas! Strawberry Burst Cookies

Saturday morning after swim lessons Easton and I did some baking. Well... I did baking, she did more licking and sneaking powder sugar. 
 (don't worry it's just cool whip)

 

 These are Strawberry Burst Cookies and they are absolutely AMAZING! I have made these several times over the past month. Easton and Josh love them. I seriously have to fight/argue with Josh about taking some to work. Since the recipe makes like 35+ cookies, I don't think it is in my best interest to leave that many cookies lying around our house. Oh, and this recipe was found on Pinterest!

Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies
1 box Lemon Cake Mix*
1- 8 oz container Cool Whip
1 egg
1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • In medium bowl, beat cool whip, egg and cake mix until well blended. Dough will be thick and sticky.
  • Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
  • Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10- 12  minutes
*Try these using strawberry or orange cake mix for variety.
Enjoy the burst of lemon flavor from these light and soft baked cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment