Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pitter...Patter..

The sound that fills our house! Easton took her first steps this past Saturday. While she has been cruising a while, she actually took several wobbly steps without the assistants of furniture. Unfortunately I was out running errands with my mom and missed it, but Josh didn't. I came home that evening and was playing on the floor with her. Then out of now where and as nonchalant as can be Josh says "Oh yeah, Easton walked from her dino to the ottoman tonight." Of course I followed up with "How long were you going to wait to tell me this! This is huge! You are so nonchalant about it!" Josh "I forgot." Me "Really" So of course I wanted to see. I scoped her up and her to my mom and had her walk to me. SHE DID! I was so proud of her and couldn't believe it! I could feel the knot forming in the back of my throat and had to fight of tears. It was a very bittersweet moment for me. Sweet because my baby had accomplished a major task and I was one proud Momma. Bitter because she is growing up way too fast! That evening I realized we no longer had a baby, but a toddler. Geeezzz...






No comments:

Post a Comment