Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It is beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS.... in The Bosley Home

This past Sunday we hit Bishop Tree farm to go lumber jacking. Well maybe not so much, but we did cut down a Christmas tree. Ok it seriously took us 15 minutes to find the tree, shake it, bag it, and pay for it. Yep, Josh spotted it from the road as we were driving up and we didn't waste any time shopping around. I did however tell him one day this will not be so quick and easy when we have kids. He laughed and said I know. So we had the tree, which of course was the biggest one Josh could find, and we headed home to put it up. We get home and learn that a 9 ft. tree needs a big tree stand and not one made for a 7 1/2 ft tree. We tried to make it "work" and it tipped over. Off to Wal-Mart we went.... home again with the proper size tree stand.


Timber!

Yep, it is a 9 footer!

How we left the tree to for our Wal-Mart run. Josh made the comment as we were getting in the truck " God I hope that tree doesn't fall over and take out my TV!"

Of course there is a story as to why there is saw dust on my carpet..... We had the tree all set up and Josh was trimming the branches below to make room for presents. Snip! Crash! half of one the side of the tree fell to the ground. Wrong branch to clip! Josh wanted to leave it, but I told him there was now a ginormous space between the bottom of the tree where the branches started. So unless you are buying big ass gifts for everyone this year then we may want to cut more of the trunk off to minimize the distants between bottom of tree and where the branches start.

What a mess!


Putting the lights on!


My masterpiece... the Mantle! Yes, those are stockings for our doggies and yes, their pictures are on them.


I purchased 8 Christmas boxes from Hobby Lobby and used them to decorate the space above our mantle. It was a super cheap and turned out very cute.


Tah-Dah....


My mom found this Texas hat ornament at Hobby Lobby and I just had to get it for Josh!


Garland and red berries are draped on all our stair railings.


This is holly from our holly bush in our front yard. I cut some and placed in a vase on our mantle.





1 comment:

  1. Your house looks so cute decorated. Can you see the tree from the street? I remember you mentioning that this was important. lol

    ReplyDelete