Tuesday, December 29, 2009

An UNFORGETTABLE Christmas....

"Oh Melissa! Oh Melissa!" the words my mom said to me when she realized she was going to be a grandma! Let me start from 2:47 AM Christmas Day morning....

Josh and I went to bed Christmas Eve knowing that 47 days later after finding out we were pregnant we would be able to FINALLY tell our parents! Needless to say we woke up at 2:47 AM and every hour after that as we counted down until 8:00 AM when my parents would be over to open Christmas. Side note: Josh's Dad and Step Mom came up Christmas Eve and stayed with us so all we were waiting on was my parents and brother. Josh was crazy excited and very impatient. Due to an enormous air compressor, trailer, and lots of snow, my parents didn't arrive until 8:30 AM. I thought Josh was going to die. So we let Josh open his gift from his dad since it was trailered up here and was now in our garage (a 60 gal. air compressor). Then we did stockings. Then.... it was time! I had made a cards for each parent and my brother out of card stock. In the card I glued a picture of our first sonogram and wrote Baby Bosley and July 15, 2010. We then put them in envelopes and sealed them. Josh and I stood up and waited fro my dad to quite telling one of his stories, but he just didn't stop talking. We waited patiently and my nervous and excitement kept building up as he keep chit chatting. Finally I interrupted him and told him to be quite so we could say give out gifts. We informed our parents that since this was kinda the same gift for everyone we wanted them to open the envelopes at the same time. My dad said "Are you taking us on a trip?" I just laughed and moved on to passing out my envelopes to my side of the family as Josh did his. Josh's step-mom Chris was the first to get hers open and she all she said was "No Way!"
Well instead of opening his up my dad looks over and Chris' and thinks he sees a cave. Yep, he thought his grandbaby was a cave! Then my mom gets hers open and all she can get out is "Oh Melissa!, Oh Melissa!, Oh Melissa!"
Of course by this time I am crying and hugging everyone. My dad gives me the biggest hug ever and tells me he loves me VERY much!
Everyone is of course shocked because no one and I mean no one knew we were even trying to get pregnant. They really can't believe we kept it a secret for so long and that we were almost out of our first trimester! It was such a relief to be able to share out GREAT news with them. Of course everyone started putting things together and asked a lot of "It that way you...." and we of course were happy to fill them in on all the white lies and why we had dropped off the face of the earth for the last month. My mom said "Well I am done with Christmas!" I said "No, we still have gifts to open!"

Everyone with there Christmas Gift! I love this picture!
My favorite Ahh-haa... moments: My mom informed me, after we announced that we were pregnant, she noticed Christmas Eve when we were making pies that my butt was getting bigger. Of course then my brother chimed in and said he also noticed that last week. But my dad topped it off with... Yeah I noticed too, but I figured if you could get through the door and Josh didn't care then hell it wasn't any of my business. These comments brought many laughs! Gotta love my family!
We then proceeded to open up gifts!








Once gifts were open and all the wrapping paper, boxes, and bags were picked up Josh and I headed to station 10 to inform his mom that she was going to be a grandma. Josh called her and told her she we were on our way and that we were bringing food to her for. When we get to the fire station she meets us out in the bay and we inform her that we didn't have any food, but we did have one last Christmas present for her. She didn't open the envelope.... she kept talking about how she thought we were going to bring her food. We keep telling her to open the gift. Finally she did and... she screamed! An ear piercing scream! She was absolutely thrilled. She gave both of us a hug and then went running over to a couple of firemen waving the card with the sonogram picture saying "Look what I got for Christmas... A grandbaby!" We told her we figured this was much better than food.
Josh and I then went back home and enjoyed Christmas dinner with our families. During the 47 days there were so many times I wanted to just blurt out WE ARE PREGNANT!, but I am so happy that we decided to wait until Christmas to share our news! It truly was the best Christmas ever and we couldn't ask for better grandparents and uncles to be. Oh, and the Christmas Cards we went out were a hit also! Thank you everyone for all your congratulations, prayers, love, and support!

1 comment: