Friday, June 26, 2009

TOP TWENTY!

What we have learned since buying our house...

1. If you have an open floor plan and you paint the kitchen/dinning room and not the living room, the living room will look like crap so you mind as well plan on painting it too!
2. When you have multiple floors you find yourself doing a lot of yelling from one floor to the other. We need to invest in an intercom system!
3. Not EVERYTHING can go into a dishwasher! Trust me I have tried and it doesn't.
4. People are very worried about our carpet. They think they must take their shoes off since it is a new house. We are not those people. Please leave your shoes on and feel comfortable in our home. We have dogs... need I say more.
5. Our neighbors cut their grass like every other day. Come on now!
6. I am not sure any of our neighbors work. I never see them leave for work in the morning. Nor does Josh.
7. We are the ONLY ones on the block that does not have kids!
8. A programmable thermostat is great if you set it to cool down at 2:00 PM and not 2:00 AM. Stupid PM and AM
9. Josh and I enjoy sitting at the dinner table eating together every night. So much better than eating in front of the TV.
10. No matter how hard I try, what products I use, or how often I clean it, I will never be able to get the hard water residue off the glass shower doors!
11. We really will not use our Jacuzzi tub that often. It is a bitch to clean. BTW we each have only used it once.
12. One of us is bound to get a ticket. Cops just sit and run radar all the time! Every morning I see at least two cops, one is sitting in the parking lot next to the daycare on 155th and one sits on Parallel next to the football field.
13. Even though I love our new home, I still miss my parents house!
14. We have a lot of carpet that needs to be vacuumed! It takes much longer than our duplex.
15. We really need stairs off our patio! It has become a pain in the ass to walk down two flights of stairs to let our dogs out!
16. Josh truck DOES NOT fit into the garage, unless may tahoe is not in there and he parks at an angle. (and we are guessing this will work)
17. We are very limited on places to eat out at. Sonic is the only fast food option.
18. We have lived in our house for two weeks now and I have come to the conclusion that this house just keeps sucking our money!
19. The carpet downstairs is much softer than the carpet upstairs
20. I swear that it is much more windier at our house than my parents. The wind seems to always be blowing!
Bonus: We picked out a great house in a great neighborhoood! We are so happy to call it our home!

1 comment:

  1. 3. Not EVERYTHING can go into a dishwasher! Trust me I have tried and it doesn't.

    George's motto: Where there's a will, there's a way. I try not to watch as he "makes it fit".

    6. I am not sure any of our neighbors work. I never see them leave for work in the morning. Nor does Josh.

    Amen! I want to know what they are doing so I can jump on the bandwagon of not working!

    7. We are the ONLY ones on the block that does not have kids!

    Maybe it's a sign?? ;)
    13. Even though I love our new home, I still miss my parents house!

    I feel the same way sometimes.

    16. Josh truck DOES NOT fit into the garage, unless may tahoe is not in there and he parks at an angle. (and we are guessing this will work)

    I guess it's going to be a cool summer for you and a hot one for Josh. Sounds like a deal to me! :)

    ReplyDelete