Friday, June 26, 2009

One Desk, TV Cabinet, and Redbud later.... we made it through our weekend!

This past weekend 6/19-6/21... Monday 6/22 too!
FRIDAY.... we took my dad to dinner for Father's Day. He wanted BBQ so we ended up at Rosedale. After dinner Josh and I headed home. Josh decided he wanted to paint the garage. So we sat down and went through those "Josh" tubs and moved everything to the middle of the garage. I headed to bed around 11 PM and he had just started priming the first wall. I never heard him come to bed that night, but he said he came to bed around 3:30 AM because he had to watch the Texas game. I woke up Saturday around 7:30 (thank you Ms. Harlie and Ms. Ella) and went downstairs to check out the garage. It was all done! Everything was still in the middle of the garage, but it was painted! So I ate breakfast, folded laundry, and worked on straightening the man room up. Around 8:30 I went in and woke Josh up to see if he would come help me put the garage back together. He said thirty more minutes. I agreed and decided to go downstairs and move what I could. Right off I decided to move the book shelve back against the wall. I had to move one side and then the other. About 3 minutes into moving it Josh opens the garage door dressed to help. Our conversation goes like this....
Me: Hi honey. I thought you were going to sleep for thirty more minutes.
Josh: I was until I heard the screeching of book shelve being moved across the garage floor. Kinda hard to sleep through that when your bed is above the garage.
Me: (laughing) Sorry honey!

So we ended up moving everything back and the garage looks fabulous! Best of all I can pull into it! Love it! The rest of Saturday consisted of $215.00 Wal-Mart Bill and a $77 Price Chopper Donation. My husband thought we had no food and need to go get groceries! So $292 later we were good to go!
SUNDAY....
This is the conversation my husband woke up to...
Me: We are going to go buy a desk TODAY!
Josh: (not quite awake and aware) What? OK?! Why?
Me: Because I can't organize anything! Or get rid of these last few boxes because we need a desk to set our computer on and our bill stuff on. We are going to NFM today and buying a desk.
Josh: Ok, what time do they open?
Me: 10:00 AM. Get up and get ready.
$600 later we had one desk and a TV cabinet for Josh's Man Room. From NFM we headed to my Parent's House to give my dad his Father's Day card, hug, and kiss! We then met up with Lexie (vern) to get a gift for a Bachelorette Party she was arriving late to. One our way home from Overland Park we decided to stop by Earl May and use our gift card we received last year from our Couples Shower. We left Earl May with one bag of mulch and a redbud tree! Mind you my Tahoe still has the three boxes from NFM and the tree is longer than my Tahoe! We were those people driving down 7 hwy with a tree hanging out my back hatch window! Needless to say it was a hot ride home!
MONDAY....
After work we decided to plant our tree. Below are some pictures of Josh and DJ hard a work making a new home for our tree. Oh, some background/reasoning on why we bought a new tree... originally the contractor planted a bradford pear tree (they don't hold up in bad weather very well) directly in front of the double windows in the living when the house was completed. Me being me and thinking ahead- One of the first things I said to Josh when we were in the process of buying this house was that I wanted to cut the bradford pear down and plant another one farther over to the side of the house. He asked why and I informed him that people will not be able to see our Christmas tree in the window because the stupid outside tree will be in the way. Currently we have two trees in our front yard because I would not let Josh cut down the bradford pear until the baby birds were out of the nest.
















Our little birdies!

1 comment:

  1. LOL at "those people driving down K-7".

    The birdies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete