Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Boxes be GONE!

This post is going to sum up Sunday 6/14, Monday 6/15, and Tuesday 6/16 of the BiG Move.

SUNDAY was a finish cleaning day! The highlight... Josh using his brand new mower to mow our lawn! Josh is very very particular about his grass! He is that guy. You know the one that puts the lines like on the baseball field in his front and back yard! It is great. He was so excited to get to use his new mower! Here are some pictures of him mowing our yard for the first time with his new mower....


MONDAY....We woke up and it was raining outside! Yuck! So Josh ended up not going to work.... so we ended up a Home Depot picking out paint for the guest bathroom and the mater bath. Since Josh wasn't working he decided to paint both bathrooms in one day and be done with it! So while he painted my mom and I put things away in the kitchen and unpacking boxes. Until Josh comes out of the guest bathroom and says he is done with the first coat of paint in the guest bathroom. Ok so I walk in and it is dark. I know we picked out a dark brown, but I just didn't realize how dark is was going to be. I hate picking out paint. It is one of the hardest things to do. So about 30 minutes of conversation between me, Josh, and my mom, I decided that we are not painting that color in our bathroom. So off to Home Depot my mom and I go! We pick out a lighter brown and and a rust color for our accent wall (the triangle piece above our shower and whirl pool tub). By the time we get back the the second coat is on and is dry in the guest bathroom and Josh had put up our shower curtain back up. The shower curtain made all the difference in the world. It looks so much better! The master bath turned out great too! Great job painting honey! We also began going through all the tubs/boxes in the garage and by the end of the day we were down to 5 tubs/boxes that would have to be gone through by Josh. It was amazing to see garage floor and I was one step closer to being able to park in it! Yay! Oh, this was also the day AT&T came to set us up with cable and Internet! Josh was so thrilled! Here he is setting it up...





TUESDAY... we finally finished unpacking! Which meant we had a lot of stuff we needed to get rid of! So we loaded my Tahoe full of boxes and dropped all the stuff off at Good Will. Oh, and we also amended our taxes and expect to have $8K in 8 to 12 weeks! Yeppie!

So as of Tuesday we were pretty much unpacked and settled in! and we LOVE our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment