Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Magic Pants

Most people get caught up in the hype of the importance of having the right running shoes. While I do agree that being fitted for correct running shoes is important, running pants are just as important. Especially for us ladies!

Oh, the forgotten running pant. They are the ones that yield the ass jiggle, compress the baby pooch, and keep thigh chafing a thing of the past.

Last year, while training for our half marathon, Vern and I stumbled upon the Magic Pants, also known as Xersion Reflective Running Capris. (JCP $20). They are freaking awesome! The magic pants compress in all the right areas. In fact, while walking back to our car after a race last spring, a couple of fellow runners complimented us on our pants! Bet you thought I was going to type 'ass'.

Over the holidays I picked up the legging version and once again, I was not disappointed in their performance.  They just keep holding my shit in while I log the miles! What more could you ask for in your running attire!

Now, I received Nike running leggings for Christmas, while they are good, they just do not compare to the Xersion leggings (JCP $25). Vern and I, hands down, LOVE these pants for running.

Onto 13.1 training:

So while little Ms. is shaking her booty in dance class...
 Momma is trying to shrink hers with a 4 mile run. 
Running under that bridge was freaky!

  The worst part about training for a half during winter months?! Treadmill runs!

See, we were just so happy our 3 miles was completed!

 But then there are days it is freaking amazing out and I can't wait to run!
 Back to freezing our asses off! I mentally can not run more than 3 miles on a treadmill. I would much rather suck it up and run outside in the cold then try to stride out 5 miles on the treadmill.
 Lexie is wearing the leggings I talked about early... see they are amazing!
 The longest run we have done to date is 5 miles! We just finished up week 3.
So this go around has been so much harder. Not physically or mentally, but time wise. With Josh taking classes two days of week and having fire department meetings twice a month and the random study groups for class, scheduling runs in has been freaking hard. But I am lucky and my parents are 99% of the time to watch Easton will I get a quick run in after work. Oh, and my house looks like shit. Don't mind the quarter inch thick dust on all still surfaces. Just building up my daughter's immune system!

No comments:

Post a Comment