Friday, June 22, 2012

Well HELLO SKINNY jeans!

This is a Momma update. So if you are looking for adorable pictures of a blue eyed, dirty blonde haired, sassy 23 month old, it won't be in this post. This is Momma's post.


Momma gets her Body Back Update: Currently I am running. I must admit I am lucky to log 9 miles a week these days. It's so hard to get motivated to go sweat your ass off when all I really want to do is play in the garden and hang out with Easton bug. But I am lucky enough to have a husband that bosses me around and tells me to "Go Run!". Even going as far as setting out my i-pod, garmin watch and heart rate monitor on the kitchen table. Glad I have such a great husband that likes to boss me around.

Since January I am down 23 pounds and have 4.4 pounds to go until I am at my pre-house weight. Yeah, you read that right, not my pre-baby weight... pre-home ownership weight. After Josh and I bought our house in 2009 I just stopped going to the gym and working. No gym + eating out + house projects= 15 +/- additional pounds (more on the plus side).

Of course I have an "ideal" size of pant I want to be. Before I had Easton 173 = Size 12, but I don't think that will be the case this time around. With only 4.4 pounds to go, I can't possibly see 4 pounds making that big of a difference and dropping me a down a whole pant size. So I may have to readjust my goal weight to get into those size 12 jeans that have been collecting dust in my closet.


Holy Bajesus! I started this post a week ago then yesterday I got on the scale and it said 174.4. Wowza! I almost peed my pants! Guess that 10K paid off. Then late last night I said what the hell and dug out my super cute American Eagle size 12 long pre-house jeans and Boo-Ya! They fit! I strutted downstairs beaming from ear to ear and Josh just looked at me. Then he smiled and realized that I was wearing my "skinny" jeans! He said that he was proud of me and I looked good. Then I told him to take my picture 'cause I am just so freaking happy. Of course I ran upstairs and tried on more clothes. A dress from our honeymoon zipped right up! In fact, I am wearing it today at work. Last night was a very proud moment for me. All my hard work had paid off. Now, I by no means have the body I once had, but it is getting there. I may have a muffin top from my baby belly, but dam it... I like muffins... especially blueberries.

My Momma gets her Body Back journey has not ended. At the beginning of July I will begin my half-marathon training. Hello swamp ass! Who trains in the hottest months... seriously... what was I thinking when I said "Sure I will do it with you, Lex!" I see some very early or late runs in my future. I would really like to tone up.... especially this baby gut I have going on. We will see.

Last night in my "skinny" jeans


Hell, who was I kidding! Here she is... that blue eyed, dirty blonde haired, sassy 23 month old that we LOVE so much!

Taking a bite out of Zucchini from our garden!

8 comments:

  1. Your hard work is definitely paying off...you look AMAZING! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady! Love seeing the pictures of little Ms.! She is a doll. Carson looks like a natural with her!

      Delete
  2. HOLY HELL!!! You are SMOKIN'!!! Come to my house and motivate me! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Dude... it takes all I have to get my ass moving not sure I can take on another person ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Looking good! I think that jillian work out tape is in my very near future. with other healthy choices..
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha! Running has played a huge part in this and food choices! But I do love my Jillian tape!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, there is nothing more rewarding than fitting into clothes you havne't been able to wear for a while! Good luck with your half marathon training, early moring and late night runs will become your best friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I am excited and nervous all at the same time!

      Delete