Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dogs, Another LONG road Trip for Ms. Easton & Heartbreaking Parent Duty

A lot of people ask how are dogs are adjusting to Easton. Mainly, I think, because we have a pit bull and a lab/pit bull mix. Well Harley, our pit bull, is concerned. When Easton cries or makes a noise she runs over to check on her. She wants to know what is going on and to see if Easton is ok. Ella, our lab/pit bull mix, is protective and nosey. She is always right under my feet all the time and constantly wants to know what is going on. She will set right at my feet and will cut Harlie off or block her when Harlie comes over to see what is going on with Easton. Don't get me wrong it wasn't this good at first. The Sunday we came home from the hospital Josh had a "come to Jesus meeting" with both of them after they got into a fight with each other in the nursery. I was in tears and was ready to get rid of the dogs. Every since that meeting things have gotten much better! They have got use to hearing Easton cry and coo. We actually had to take the front bumper off the crib so Harlie could see in to check on her. Right now baby and dogs are working, however, this maybe a whole new story when Easton starts crawling and needing to be on the ground more, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Harlie checking in on Easton.

This past Sunday we headed to Springdale, AR to pick up my Memaw. This is the first time my grandparents, Uncle Jerry B and cousin Lacey had seen Easton. Of course she got lots of love, hugs and kisses from all. Below are the pictures we took at the restaurant.
My cousin Lacey and Easton
Papa and Memaw with Easton

Papa, Nana, Me, Lacey, Memaw and Easton

Papa with Easton

My uncle Jerry B and Nana with Easton

My Memaw rode back with us and is staying at Nana's house for a week and a half to spend time with her Granddaughter and Great Granddaughter. This is a picture from Memaw and Easton's mini-photo shoot.
Easton's middle name is very special! It is not only unique, but she is the fourth generation of the middle name Blondell. Below is all the lovely ladies of Blondell- My Memaw, Nana, Me and Easton.



We busted out the playtime mat. Easton could take it or leave it. She loves to hear the music, but other than that she doesn't seem to care if she is on her playtime mat or in her crib. I am sure as she gets older this will be much more fun for her and us.

We had to perform our first heartbreaking parent duty this past Saturday night. Easton had not pooped in a week and Dr. Yu told us to be concerned after a week and call the office. For not pooping for a week Easton was not fussy or seemed to even be bothered by it. She was acting completely normal. I think Josh and I were more concerned then she was. So late Saturday evening I spoke to the Doctor on call and she told me to insert a glycerin suppository. She said we only need to insert a pinch of it and not the entire thing. So Josh headed to Bonner Springs Wal-Mart while I got her ready for bed. This all started around 8:30 pm Saturday night. Wal-Mart was a no go and Walgreens across the street didn't have it either. Josh headed down 7 hwy across the river to the Walgreens and CVS off Johnson Drive. No luck! By this point it was 9:30 pm and I was super annoyed with the situation. Seriously I didn't know there was such a high demand for suppositories. Really who wants to do that! So Josh called back the on-call doctor and asked about the liquid kind he had been seeing on the shelf. The doctor was not familiar with it and told him to head to the CVS in Kansas City, Ks because they have a 24 hour pharmacist and he could be of assistance. So Josh trucked up 7 hwy. No luck at CVS, but Josh had success at the Walgreens just down the street in KCK. By the time Josh got back it was 10:30 pm and we had to be up early for our Arkansas road trip. Now this was the worst thing I have had to do since being a Mommy. At first I looked at Josh and asked him if he wanted to do it. He looked at me, shook his head and said no. I think he didn't want to hurt her. So we put Easton on her changing table. Josh held her down as she cried, loudly and I attempted multiple times to insert this pinch size suppository into her tiny bottom. It was so awful! It broke my heart to have to do such an awful thing to my sweet little girl. I know it was for the better, but God was it horrible for Mommy and Daddy. Of course once completed, I felt so bad that we just sat in the rocking chair for a while and I hugged, kissed and loved on her. Needless to say I will not be going solo to her two month shots next month. No way am I going to be able to handle this!
Easton's Nicknames....
Short Stack- Used by Josh
Little Bit-Josh again.
Cutie Pie- and Josh again.
Easton Beaston- Nana uses this little rhythm.
Ms. Thang- Josh and I both use it. It originated in the hospital when the nursery nurse called her that while she was taking care of her right after delivery.
Easton Blondell- I use this. I love the way her first and middle name sound together.
Baby- I am guilty of this one.
Ms. Easton- Me again.
Beautiful- Guilty again.
My prediction is that when/if she gets into sports her friends will use E. Guess we will see.
Note....
Alright people... please refrain from asking me if I am back in my "original" clothes yet. Dude, I gained 60 pounds with this pregnancy and it has been 6 weeks. So no I have not lost 10 pound each week since Easton's arrival. Remember... it took me 10 months to put this baggage on and it may take me a year to get it off.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your dog's are doing better with Easton. Ours do fine with Carson, it's just that one of them likes to chew on any Carson item we leave in his sight (diapers, burp rags, clothes). It's driving me insane!

    Sounds like Easton is a good traveler! That's great news. Hopefully she's doing better now after the ordeal on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind rude people who ask about your weight!

    ReplyDelete