Friday, July 9, 2010

You are going to make me PEE in my BATH WATER!

I just have to share a recent conversation Josh and I had because it seriously brought me to tears.

This past Tuesday evening Josh suggested that I take a bath to see if we could stir up some contractions and get the show on the road. Now our tub is a jacuzzi tub that is deep, so I told him that these days I could no longer get out of the thing without some help so he needed to come check on me in 3o minutes. I soak and read my Baby America magazine and let the warm water hopefully start some major contractions. Thirty minutes later Josh comes up stairs and ask me if I am ready to get out. I tell him sure as soon as I wash my face and body. Below is the conversation we had while I was washing. A little background on why this conversation even happened: We had a doctor's appointment earlier that day. That morning my mom made the comment that maybe the doctor will tell us to go right over the the hospital we are having this baby tonight. Of course I made the mistake of telling my husband this as we were walking into our appointment. So for the next several hours this is what he pondered.

Also why this conversation is so flippin' funny to me is because Josh and I have done a complete role reversal. In our relationship I have always been the planner. I am the more serious one and I worry about all the big and little things. However since getting pregnant I really have become more relaxed and tend to go with the flow about things, especially in my last trimester. I chalk it up to the hormones. Now Josh is the one that is so worried and freaked out about things. He stresses and worries about having bags ready for the hospital, a car seat, and everything else about Easton. It is crazy how worked up he gets over the whole thing and how serious he is. Josh used to be more of a go with the flow kinda guy and it will all work out, but since we hit our last trimester he has totally done a 180. During this conversation he was dead serious and not messing around.

Josh: Don't you think we should put our hospital bags in your car like one of the books says you are supposed to do at 35 weeks? Melissa we are coming up on 39.
Me: No.
Josh: Melissa what if the doctor had said we needed to go straight over to the hospital? What then?
Melissa: Josh if that was to happen someone would have to come to our house to take care of our dogs anyways and they could pick up our bags then.
(I am still in the tub and Josh is sitting on our bathroom counter. By this time I am laughing hysterically. So hard I have tears rolling down my cheeks!)
Josh: Melissa what about the paperwork the doctor gave us? Hmmmmm?
Melissa: Josh if the doctor tells us to head to the hospital, I am sure they can print off another copy of my records before we trucked over there. But if you want me to I will throw the pink bag with all the paperwork in the car so we have it just in case.
Josh: You don't even have all your stuff packed! I am going to be running around like crazy getting all this crap you haven't packed while you are in labor.
Melissa: Josh stop, you are going to make me pee in my bath water.
(By this time Josh starts laughing too and I cross my legs to keep from peeing in the bath tub. Believe me this was extremely difficult given my situation)
Josh: You don't even have all the stuff together. Like in a bag or anything sitting on the counter where I can just grab it.
Melissa: Honey do you want me to put all the stuff in a bag that needs to go to the hospital, but I also still need to use. Most of it is in those to draws. (still laughing uncontrollably) Josh it will be fine. Don't worry.

I love my husband for worrying so much! He truly is going to be a fabulous dad!

The doctor's visit..... gained another 4 pounds which puts me at 60 pounds to date! Yes 60! Easton heart beat was in the 140's. My blood pressure was a little high, but they had me lay on my left side and it dropped tremendously. We are still dilated to a conservative 4 and 80% effaced. I didn't see my normal doctor this time because she is on vacation. But I see her this Tuesday the 13th and we are going to go ahead and schedule an induction for the 16th. So in one week or less Josh and I will be Mommy and Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so cute how men become worriers? You and Josh are going to be a great parents! :) Good luck this week, I can't wait to see pics of Baby Easton!

    ReplyDelete