Thursday, July 15, 2010

DuE DaTE and The NiGHT before!

Today is my due date... July 15, 2010, 40 weeks pregnant! Today is also the eve of our induction! This induction was decided this past Tuesday at my doctor's appointment. Tomorrow, July 16, 2010, exactly one month before our second anniversary and exactly two months before my 28th birthday, at 7 am we will go to Shawnee Mission Medical Center as Josh and Melissa Bosley, husband and wife, and leave Sunday afternoon as Daddy and Mommy of a beautiful little girl named Easton Blondell Bosley. Tomorrow I will meet the person who was well worth the extra 60 pounds of weight, the crazy road map of stretch marks on my belly, the countless numbers of bathroom trips in the night, and the crazy outbursts and moments. In some ways I feel Josh and I have been cheated. We didn't get to experience the crazy moment of "Oh my god my water just broke" and we run off to the hospital in the middle of the night. Part of me was excited about getting to experience this chaos of being pregnant. But things happen for a reason and our future holds a 7am induction one day after my due date.

What I am feeling.... Exhausted! I took today off so I could clean our house from top to bottom, do laundry, run to Wal-Mart THREE different times, take our dogs to get bathed, and get a pedicure. Our home is ready to bring Easton into. I am also nervous. I told Josh don't be surprised if I just start crying on our way to the hospital. Of course he just laughed. I am nervous about the pain, what to expect, if my mind and body can handle such a thing as giving birth. However, I am also excited! Excited to see if she has red hair. Does she have Josh's eyes and my nose. Will she be as long as I think she is. Excited just to meet the little girl that won our hearts from the day we found out we were pregnant and has been the center of our lives for the last 10 months! Right now as I type this I can't help to cry as I am just overwhelmed with what the next 24 hours holds for us.

Please send happy labor and delivery thoughts our way as start our day as husband and wife and end it as daddy and mommy!

3 comments:

  1. Everything is going to be okay...Don't worry about what is going to happen...Everyone can tell you how it is suppose to go but for some reason it always goes different...I am so happy for you guys...Can't wait to meet Easton!

    XOXO,
    Christa,Kevan and Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be OK and so worth it. Love you all.
    Grandma Green

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Give Easton big hugs and kisses from Auntie Julie!! Love to the three of you!

    ReplyDelete