Monday, April 13, 2009

EIGHT Months Into this Shin Dig!

Josh and I have been married 8 months and have lived with my parents for 10 months. We are extremely grateful that my parents have let us stay with them and pay off our post-wedding debt, but it is time for us to have our own place. With that being said, I am in the process of getting us pre-approved for a mortgage. Yay!!! The plan is to find a house in May, close in June, and make our first house payment in July! Now these are the problems we are facing. We are buying one house with two opinions. Anyone that knows Josh and me will agree that we can each be pretty damn stubborn. So agreeing on a house will be a challenge. For instance, I am looking for 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a yard. Josh, on the other hand, can give two shits less about a second bathroom and would much rather have one to five plus acres. He just doesn't understand the importance of a master bath, but one day when we have kids he will. For the most part we can agree on the location, Basehor/Tongie area. I have been keeping my eye on the market over the past two months and there are several properties that I would like to take a gander at. Wish us luck as we move forward on home ownership! Lord knows we will need it.

Oh, on the way home from Ft. Scott this past Sunday I put a offer/challenge on the table for Josh. Every two weeks we spend $38.89 (this includes tax) on Copenhagen (chew). That is $77.78 a month and $933.36 a year! Wow! Now for those of you who really know me, I am such a budget queen and Josh often calls me a Money Nazi. So to spend that much on something that is so harmful, well it is so hard for me to justify it. So I told him if he gave up chewing that each month we could stick the money that we would have spent on chew into a savings account for him. He could do whatever his little heart desired with this money (as long as it is legal and not harmful). He has been wanting a mud truck for sometime and is always searching for one on Craigs List. So I told him that if he accepted my challenge this time next year he would have a mud truck. Currently the offer is still on the table and he said he would let me know by end of this log (a 10 pack of cans) if he will accept the offer.

1 comment: