Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day at the KC Zoo!

This year for Mother's Day we went to the KC Zoo. I was hesitant about going to the zoo on Mother's Day because they host an event where Moms get in free. Which registered in my mind as crowded chaos with a 1 1/2 year old. Hmmm... but my mom said lets just do it. If it gets to crowded and Easton can't see anything then we will just go. Not big deal. So Sunday morning we packed all our food and snacks up and headed to my parents for breakfast and gifts. We made it to the zoo by 9:45 am. It wasn't until after lunch when the zoo began getting pretty crowded, but by then we rode most modes of transportations and seen half of the exhibits. My assumption is church got out and people headed to the zoo. My mom and I decided it would be fun to do a picnic lunch instead eat at the zoo (also much more cost effective). So around lunch time we headed to the car, pulled out a big blanket, sat under a tree, and enjoyed a picnic lunch.

Another thing I was concerned about was Easton not having her afternoon nap.  I really thought around 2:00 pm she would have a meltdown. Never happened! Josh and I couldn't have been prouder of our Easton bug. She was a champ that day and really enjoyed the zoo, especially the Elephants playing in the mud and the Polar Bear swimming in the water.

Polar Bear


Uncle Marky explain the Sky Safari Ride.

Daddy and Easton looking at the Africa animals (this made me so nervous... she could slip out so easily)

Monkey!


Add caption


Helping Daddy push
So... just how did we go from our Jeep stroller to the KC Zoo double stroller? On our way out of the zoo to go eat lunch our tire blew. It seriously sounded like a gunshot! My ear rang for a good 5 minutes after it happened. Josh jumped 20 feet and Easton didn't even blink. It was so loud that my Dad and brother, who had went ahead to the benches at the peacock exhibit, said the peacocks went crazy. In fact when we got up to them there were people asking us if that was us! Thus after lunch we spend $9 on a double stroller courtesy of the KC Zoo.  





My Momma!


Easton loved this cave. She would scream and her voice would echo.

Now to brag on my amazing awesome husband. Daddy really came through on Mother's Day. Do you see that pinkish painting in the background in the picture below? That is an Easton masterpiece and was made just for me for Mother's Day.  A while back ago I sent him a text of a watch I really wanted for my birthday or Christmas. Well him and Easton got it for me for Mother's Day. Hello Garmin Forerunner 110! You are my new love! I was so excited to go take it out for a run that I totally spaced out and forgot my IPod. It was a long 3.1 miles listening to myself breathe heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment