Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crawling Tragedy No. 01

Welp, we had our first crawling accident last night. I was in the shower, Daddy was in the recliner and Easton was playing on the floor and crawling around. Next thing I know Josh and Easton are both coming into the bathroom and Josh is say "Momma help us." I slide open our shower door and could tell Easton had been crying. Josh looked upset and panicked and I had no idea what the hell had happened. So there I am naked, shower running and listening to Josh tell me that he thinks he smashed her head in between the recliner and the floor. Here is how it went:

Me: What happened?
Josh: I am not sure. I leaned up in my chair and next thing I know she is screaming and laying on the floor next to my chair. I think I might have smashed her head.
Me: She looks ok.
Josh: Are you sure? Look at the side of her head. It is all red.
Me: She may have a bruise or bump, but she is fine.

Josh leaves to let me finish my shower. Josh comes back.

Josh: Momma, are you sure!? Look.
Me (once again door open, shower running and naked): Yep it is red and looks a little purplish. Josh she is fine.

Josh leaves once again and I finish up shaving my unbelievably hairy legs.

Once I am out of the shower I go downstairs to check on both of them. Josh is cuddling Easton. He still looked panicked and frazzled. We start talking about what he thinks happened and he begins to get upset.
Me: Honey she is fine. Look she is laughing and talking up a storm.
Josh: I know, but I hurt her and it really scared me.

I have always known Josh would be a wonderful Dad, but I never realized just how soft hearted he would be when it came to is little girl. Just shy of 8 months, Easton brought tears to her Daddy's eyes.

The rest of the evening Josh kept checking Easton up and down. Even calling me into the bathroom when he was giving her bath to look at her red spot. Like a good wife I reassured him that she was just fine and now that she crawls bumps, bruises and red spots are going to start to appear. She is a tough cookie and will survive.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this made me a little teary eyed, I think it's precious Josh was so worried about his little girl. What a great dad! Glad Easton is alright, I'm sure this is just the beginning of bumps and bruises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how many times they fall or get hurt, it always hurts the parents way more. Each of my kids had one "rolling off the bed" accident when they were babies. I can still remember how scary it was and how badly I felt. Audrina's was worse because I had Jaxson telling EVERYONE that sissy fell off the bed, hit her head and was screaming. Nice. I'm sure she's alright and I hope Josh doesn't beat himself up too badly.

    ReplyDelete