Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello Green Beans.... I don't like you!... I think...

Easton meet green beans... Green beans meet Easton. Wednesday night we introduced Easton to Green Beans, but before we did that we busted out her sippy cup. Our doctor told us that Easton can now receive 4 oz. of either water or 100% juice mixed 50/50. Now I am by no means the perfect parent nor do I know all the answers (who does, right?) but the theory behind introducing the sippy cup at 6 months is that Easton only receives breast milk in her bottle and all other fluids in her sippy cup. Our goal is to ditch the bottle at one year and use only a sippy cup. For right now we are only doing water in the sippy cup. Thoughts behind this.... I want Easton to ask for water or at least like water. Right now she is at the age we can control what goes into that little body of hers. In a couple of years that will no longer true, so while we can we are going establish healthy eating habits. As a family we can all benefit from that! So juice will have to wait for a while!

At first I think she thought it was a toy until I held it up to her mouth, then she realized "Hmmm... something comes out of this when I suck on it" When she sucked on it it choked her up because she isn't use to a fast flow. Since I am stilling nursing we have not increased the nipple flow in her bottles. So when the water came rushing out with little effort on her part she got choked up. We will continue to work on it!




Lookin' a little crossed eyed.







Night 1 of green beans was a fun mess! At first she really didn't know what to think of the taste. She is use to her bland cereal and now we are busting out some flavor.... it just took her by surprise. Night 2 of green beans when much better with minimal amounts on her face and in her hair. She did make a couple of faces like "What is this crap", but overall she gobbled it down. Next veggie on the list is carrots!

2 comments:

  1. Baby food is always fun, the facial expressions are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics. I'm with you on the juice thing. Audrina is such a good water drinker. She LOVES it. She's 18 months and is satisfied with water and milk. I'm scared to give her any juice, even diluted because I don't want her to give up on water. Jaxson is NOT a water drinker at all and I only wish I would've stuck to my guns with him on the juice thing.

    ReplyDelete