Friday, June 28, 2013

Omaha, NE- First Family Vacation (PART 3)

By Sunday, I was scrambling for clean warm clothes for Easton and I. When I packed our bags, I was like "I always pack way too much and never wear half of it". This time I wasn't "over packing". Welp, that pretty much backfired. I didn't pack nearly enough pants for Easton and I. In fact, I packed only 1 pair of capri pants for me and like 2 pair of pants/leggings for Easton. And I hate rewearing pants. They are all stretched out and just feel dirty to me, but I had no other choice. It was cold and shorts were just not going to cut it. Damn Midwest weather. So I rocked my 2 day old pants at the zoo and Easton wore leggings with a shirt that was much too short for a leggings.
 
( I will refrain from boring you pictures with every single animal we seen, Because let's be honest everyone knows what the hell a bear, tiger, and lion looks like.)

The majority of the Omaha Zoo is indoors, so they can remain open year around. Smart thinking. Anyways the first exhibit we went through was the jungle. It was AWESOME and humid. My fro was frizzing out of control! There are paths, bridges, water, and waterfalls everywhere! It is a very open concept and I was amazed at all the wildlife that was roaming around! We were all sweating by the time we made our way to the bottom.











 Easton wasn't too sure of these dinosaurs. She didn't mind walking the path and looking at them, but refused to get too close enough to touch them. That shit really wasn't happening when they began to move and roar! It was a really cool exhibit and brought back memories of watching the movie Land Before Time!  

 Funny Story Time: So as we are walking out of the outdoor dinosaur exhibit, a 7 year old boy comes whaling, screaming, and crying down the hill behind us. "I don't want to go in! I don't want to go in!". This kid seriously can't get away fast enough. Those life like dinosaurs scared him so much that he took off running away from his parents and would not stop. Finally his Dad caught up to him and snatched him up.
 We headed back to the hotel and crashed!
 Then we headed to Stokes in the Old Market area for dinner. We weren't very impressed with that place.


No comments:

Post a Comment