Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WHAT'D UP April!? Rock the Parkway 13.1

How cute is the is lady!
 

 
In April I ran my second half marathon. Let me tell you it was much more pleasant than my first. I had a personal record and knocked 5 minutes off my time! Of course the journey was shared with my running buddy, Vern, but this time Jo joined us! She lives in Colorado and managed to find the motivation to train by herself. I was so proud of all of us. Vern PR'd also and knocked 6 minutes off her time and Jo rocked out at 2:17! You can read Jo's recap here.


 I ditched out of work early and we headed to the OP Convention Center to pick up our packets and take lots of pictures of ourselves, ha!

 We then drove the right to see what exactly we were in for!  

 That morning I woke up to a sweet note wrote on our bathroom mirror from my Hubby!
 We have some awesome friends that came long distances to cheer us on. Thank you ladies!
At the starting line and ready to rock this shit!
 You see that big ol' goofy smile plastered to my face!? That's because I know that 1. I am finishing and 2. I can't take a poop!
 This course was great for spectators to hit lots of miles to cheer on their loved ones. My family managed to hit several miles and the finish! The Hubby made three signs for us and my Mom did her go-to sign to cheer us on! I teared up every time I saw my family. It means the world to me to have them there to cheer me on and support my crazy dreams!  








 
 This is lady below is amazing and has come so far in her journey to get healthy. She inspires me!
That evening we headed out to have sushi and drinks for Karisa's birthday. I totally felt old balls at the Well... but Momma still gots it... as in I can still get hit on, ring and all, by the youngins'!


No comments:

Post a Comment