Monday, October 31, 2011

Closet Purge... Heartbreaking.

This past weekend I worked on our walk-in closet. Umm well, I worked on my side. I finally bit the bullet. Gave into what is now and stop thinking I might. It was heartbreaking. There were times my heart absolutely sunk and other times I was like Peace Out Homie. Who knew going through your pre-pregnancy clothes would be such an emotional roller coaster. I am definitely not at my pre-pregnancy weight. In fact I am like 25 lbs. away from that. So all those fabulous concert going tight fitted jeans, sexy and strappy tank tops, and get free drinks miniskirts made the move to the storage/garage sale container. I am not going to lie I was sad and mopey about this. I love my daughter and adore her, but part of me misses those days when Josh and I would spend every weekend night at P&L or at a concert. When we could be irresponsible and drink until the wee hours of the morning. These days we are ready for bed by 9 pm on a weekend.

It wasn’t just the “party/going out” clothes that saddened me, but also the crazy number of Limited dress pants, Calvin Klein dresses, GAP jeans, many more name brand items that are in perfect condition that I had to toss in the outsie pile.

By 9:30 pm last night my wardrobe was cut to less than half and I was left with a ridiculous amount of hangers, a trash bag full of clothes for Good Will, and 2 containers full of clothes for the garage sale pile.

There were two things I just could not part with. I tried. Really hard. Just wasn’t happening. Mostly because I knew how much I spent on them. A pair of black GAP capri pants that I wore maybe twice and a Calvin Klein dress that I wore twice. I just couldn’t take them out of my closet.

On the bright side of my closet purge, it really lite a fire under my rear-end to lose some weight. I have until June 2012 before the Basehor City wide garage sale to restore those pre-pregnancy clothes to my closet! Well, at least the jeans. BTW I am now accepting prays to help make this happen.

Though there are times I miss those wild and crazy days before I was a Mommy, I wouldn’t change a thing about my life right now… my family of three. I am right where I belong.

Oh, and I am in need of more clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment