Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tiblow Day Parade and Morning Surprises!

Even though this was Easton's 2nd year of attending the Tiblow's Day Parade, this year was much different than last. Last year she was a newborn, just 1 and 1/2 months old who could care less about the floats, loud sirens and balloons. This year as a toddler she enjoyed the parade and with her sippy full of whole milk she gazed as children threw candy, floats cruised by with music and balloons and horsy trotted down the street. She loved the parade and happily sat in her stroller in awe of it all. After the parade we walk down main street to the vendors and stopped to say Hi to friends and family. Thankfully Easton has no clue what a carnival is so this year we were able to stroll right on by it.

A couple of weeks ago we had some major bedtime issues. Actually it was some overnight-good morning issues. A couple of Fridays ago Josh was home from work, I was getting ready for work and Easton had woke up. This was her normal time to wake up so I woke Josh and then went to get her. I was fully dressed for work and pretty much on my way out the door. I scooped her up like I normally do and walked into the my bedroom. As I am walking I realize something is wet. Ugh.... I pull Easton away and see the front side of her onesie is soaked from belly button to chin. Double Ugh... I tell Josh to get up and take her. Her diaper must of leaked and we need to clean her up and change her bedding. Josh cleaned up Easton and I stripped her bed and throw them in the washer. Friday evening I made sure her diaper was secure and we did our normal bedtime routine. Low and behold... Saturday morning I was greeted with a soaking wet baby. All I could think was damn diaper! Saturday night I tripled checked the diaper to make sure it was secure. Sunday morning brought the same mess as days previous and I was headed to Wal-Mart in search of night time diapers because I was over doing laundry every morning. I grabbed the pampers 12 hour night time (Side note: has any ever noticed they smell funny compared to the normal pamper diapers). Sunday night I was sure to put Easton in her 12 hour nighttime diaper. Twelve hours my ass. Monday morning I had a pee covered baby. Are you kidding me. I went into work, of course after I started yet another load of laundry, and talked to a co-worker who has 2 girls of his own. He suggested going up a size. Hmmm... that makes since. What do I have to lose. Wet sheets. So after I picked up Easton we headed to Wal-Mart and I bought a package of huggies size 4 and pampers size 4. I was defiantly covering all my bases. Tuesday morning.... happy and dry baby! Such a simple solution. Gotta love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment