Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mommy thoughts....

  • Shaving my legs is no longer a priority.
  • I totally feel like a milk cow, but I am so determined to nurse for at least 6 months. Anything after that is bonus!
  • I don't care if it spoils her, I am still going to let her sleep on my chest from 4:00 to 6:00 am. It is great snuggle time and I no longer get that during the day since heading back to work.
  • A pony tail is perfectly fine for work.
  • I refuse to pump and dump. I work way to hard for that milk. Hell if I am going to dump it down the drain. Alcohol can wait another three months.
  • The evenings are entirely too short.
  • I no longer care if my panties are inside out. In fact the other morning I was getting dressed and didn't notice they were inside out until I was putting my jeans on. I thought screw it. I gotta go. No time to fix it now.
  • Being a Mom has totally changed my perspective on life.
  • Easton melts my heart every time she flashes me that huge grin.
  • I LOVE to hear Josh talk to Easton and read to her. It is the sweetest thing to hear him chit chat with her while he bathes her, changes her, reads to her, snuggles with her, and so much more! He is so hands on and I am grateful!
  • Breastfeeding is so much harder than I expected. Especially since I am back at work. Easton gets bottles ONLY at daycare. Which means I am on duty seven days a week, but I wouldn't change it for anything! I love that I am able to do this for Easton and gives us great bonding time!
  • It makes me sad that Easton was not able to wear all the cute dresses she received before it turned chili.

One Saturday afternoon we took a family trip to get Josh's hair cut and run some errands. While Josh was getting his haircut there were a couple of girls at the salon getting up-dos for homecoming. So that of course led to the dress conversation once we were done and in the car. Josh simply said "I will be more than happy to go with Easton shopping for a dress for a dance. I will tell her "Yes, that looks good, No I do not like that one, or Hell no you are not wearing that!" And of course I will come home to you and tell you how ridiculously it is that we are paying $400 for a dress that she will wear once." I seriously had to laugh because I was totally that girl. A new dress for every dance and for every sorority formal. Easton is totally going to be that girl! Just wait until he sees how many shoes she will own!
When I put this hat on her Josh said "She looks like she is straight out of Little House on the Prairie."

Daddy and Easton at story time!


Rockin' her pink jacket!


So attempted to use the bumbo... it started like this...


and ended like this... Not quite ready for it.


The morning after she slept through the night for the first time! All smiles.. so was mommy!


Yeah... we have the jacket in brown also! A girl can never have too many clothes!



The bow is huge! But to dang cute!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading Mommy Thoughts. I can't tell you how many of them I smiled at because I had/have the same ones. Easton is so cute and I LOVE the big bows. Who cares if they are bigger than her head? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with all your mommy thoughts! I hate that I have such a limited amount of time with Carson now! It sucks!

    ReplyDelete