Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Over a two week period we have finally completed the nursery! And we LOVE it! It is the most adorable nursery I have ever seen, of course I am a just a little bias. In fact the other Saturday morning I heard Josh get up, but he never came down stairs. So after about ten minutes I went upstairs to check on him. When I went into our room I didn't see him in bed, but the bathroom light was on with the door wide open and no noise. I instantly thought Crap, did he pass out on me! But he wasn't in the bathroom either. Where did I find him?!.... In Easton's room. He was sitting in the rocking chair reclined back just relaxing and looking around. When I asked him what he was doing, his response was "Sitting here practicing for when Easton comes". All I could do was just smile and think how Easton already has her Daddy wrapped around her pinkie. For the most part the nursery is completed, we do still need to find a little table to put next to the recliner/rocker and a book shelf to hold all the pictures, books, etc.
The first three pictures are what Easton's room looked like before we started the nursery. We just throw stuff in there and over time had a nice pile going.








A lot of love and family help went into this room. Josh and his mom painted the top of the walls pink!




Then the following weekend Josh and my dad began the chair rail and bead board. Needless to say putting up all the trim and paneling required a lot of tools from the Wiseman Depot!







This is the finished product! Isn't it too cute!
Then the night before our first shower Josh and Austin (neighbor) put together the crib and changing table!


And we finally have a nursery! A beautiful nursery for a little girl!

I LOVE my rocking chair! It swivels, reclines and rock! The arms are high and very wide!

Yes that is Bevo in the crib! Once we made up the crib that was the first thing Josh grabbed out of the closet and stuck in there.



Oh, and I forgot to mention that this is not the original crib we purchased. We took it back because I could bring myself to spend that much money on a crib. So Josh took it back and we found another set that was much more reasonable.
Josh and I are constantly going into the nursery and just looking around or sitting in the chair. It is crazy to think in just 11 weeks Easton will be here and the nursery will be in full use, well at least the chair, changer, and closet! A huge thank you to my husband for making such a beautiful nursery for our little girl! Also a big thank you to my mother-in-law for helping with the painting, and last but not least my dad. Who helped make his granddaughters room a calm, comfortable, and amazing place! Lord knows we would have never got all the carpentry work done without you! Now I am in search for the perfect items to add to the wall!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute nursery! Doesn't it just make everything seem more real?!? Soon there will be a baby in your house! I've been looking at wall decor lately and have fallen in love with monogrammed wall decals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery looks amazing!! I can remember with my oldest two just sitting in their rooms when everything was done just looking around thinking wow...there will soon be a baby here! :)

    ReplyDelete