Monday, October 26, 2009

A funeral, A birthday party, and A photo booth....

This past weekend was very rough for Josh and I. Last week one of our groomsmen's mom passed away. The visitation was Friday evening and the funeral was Saturday morning. I just want to take a moment, which will never be enough, to say what a great lady Nyra Moore was. She truly was a mom to all and helped more kids out than she will ever know. She had this great spirit about her. Nyra's smile and personality would light up a room. She not only loved her family and friends, but her dogs also. She will never be forgotten by all those she loved and cared for. Nyra Moore we love you! Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jason and Stacy.

Saturday evening was my uncle Vince's 50th surprise birthday party! I figured this would be a great time to try out our new camera. A week ago Josh and I purchased a Nikon D5000 and we are still trying to figure all the different settings out. Below are some pictures of the big birthday bash! Unfortunately I had to leave the party at 7pm to go to work. Yep, I have been doing side work for our wedding photographer. This past weekend I worked a photo booth at the Union Station for a wedding. The weekend before I was her second photographer at a wedding. She pays $100.00 cash so hey why not! This past weekend at the photo booth I got to meet Bobby Bell and see his super bowl ring he won with the KC Chiefs ! My dad thought it was cool!

He was surprised!

Before....

After 50 candles....

Ummm... 50 trick candles! Fire! Fire!

My uncle Vince received a lot of tequila!

Our family not only gathers around the table, but the keg too!
Jeremy cutting up the smoked pig!

Dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment